wireless-n adapter after DECA install== same as internet connection kit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rhea

Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
maryland
I can't get VOD now that MRV through a DECA has been installed. The wireless-n gaming adapter is plugged into the deca. I get my internet through a sprint 3g hotspot. The ps3 picks up my internet, as well as my computer,psp, etc. It worked w the adapter prior, so i never pirchased a router assuming that the internet through cell has igt included w the modem. Is the adapter the same as an internet connection kit?

The Internet Connection Kit consists of a DECA adapter and power supply. There is a new "broadband" ICK which is functionally the same but is in a different package.

I suspect that your hotspot acts as a router for the wireless connections, providing DHCP addressing for the connected boxes. This may or may not work for your Directv receivers. Check the INFO screen. If they show 169.x.x.x addresses that means they are not getting DHCP and are setting themselves up as an unconnected network which allows MRV to work but they will not connect to the internet. You may be able to get them to work with the hotspot by redoing the network setup on each receiver but that depends on the capabilities of the hotspot.

The Internet Connection Kit consists of a DECA adapter and power supply. There is a new "broadband" ICK which is functionally the same but is in a different package.

I suspect that your hotspot acts as a router for the wireless connections, providing DHCP addressing for the connected boxes. This may or may not work for your Directv receivers. Check the INFO screen. If they show 169.x.x.x addresses that means they are not getting DHCP and are setting themselves up as an unconnected network which allows MRV to work but they will not connect to the internet. You may be able to get them to work with the hotspot by redoing the network setup on each receiver but that depends on the capabilities of the hotspot.

Thank you Mr. Nielsen, I appreciate ur help as I am trying to avoid the added expense of having the dtv computer guy come visit. Idk if the DECA has its own power supply. It has green lights lit up. It does have a flat circular plug? coming out of it...Idk where the other end goes, so Idk if it is supplying itself w power from the outlet or a different component?
Is it correct that I have the Ethernet cable connecting the DECA to the wireless-N gaming adapter? I had VOD w/o any problem using all the same components (- the deca) b4 MRV was installed. PS3 detects the internet(built in wireless...would have saved $80 if the dtv receiver already had this). And I know the dtv recognizes the adapter when plugged into receiver .....yes, I had to reset MRV after this error. The new tv also has internet/app capability; however, I have not yet attempted internet hook up. Finally, I feel that my internet must atleast recognize the receiver cuz the mobile hotspot says '2 connections' ...unless it is detecting 1 of the other boxes, but they r not dvrs, so I'm not sire if that is even a possibility.
As 4 the up address...it looks good as it matches the 192 address associated w my 3/4 g hotspot. The only difference I c w the address, is that it now says STATIC IP, which was not there b4 MRV when the VOD did work. Any idea as to what I am missing? You mentioned resetting the network connection. Is this something an amateur can do? I tried when I disabled my MRV...mainly cuz only 3 options exist....wireless adapter, wall mount , or wired internet. None of which applies to me anymore. I have reset the box....still nothing?
Thank you in advance for any help u can offer!!!!

And is it possible I messed something up when I plugged the Ethernet into the back of the receiver. Ad I said, I reset boxes so MRV could work again, but would that have changed the static IP back to something else. Or should it even be static IP? I obviously have no idea what static IP does? Amy help would be tremendously appreciated!!

Do you have a H24 or HR24? If you have a DECA system, you shouldn't plug anything into the ethernet port on those. The DECA is built in and if you make an ethernet connection it will disable the DECA and you will lose MRV. You can reset it by going into the system set up menu and repeating the network setup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts