Wishing I had stuck with DISH

Status
Please reply by conversation.

livinglighthouse@yahoo.co

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2007
So, you guys helped me through the signing up process......this turned out to be a small nightmare...........they lost my original order, cancelled my install appointment, had to come out twice because they brought the wrong equipment. So I got over that.....

Its been 2 weeks and D* called me to "welcome me" and go over my bill. Well all the "deals" I got when I signed up.............GONE.

No free Hotpass
No free magazine
No "no" charge for extra receivers

So now my bill that was supposed to be $79 for 12 months for Premiere/HD with 3DVRs is not $100 a month and then almost $130 thereafter.

THey say I only had 3 days to cancel and that time is over.....now I have to pay a $283 cancellation fee plus the $450 in equipment I paid is non-refundable.

So I'm screwed no matter how you look at it. I am so bleepin mad I can't even see straight. Like I told them.........love the programming, blah blah blah...........but I will never recommend them to anyone, and Day One after my 24 month commitment.........back to DISH I go. I took 6 months to make this decision and I wish I had never done it.

Every time you talk to someone they give you a different answer so there is no consistency in anything they do........30 day cancellation.......3 day.......7 day.......its ridiculous.

I wish I had never changed.........what sucks, is that I really like the equipment and programming.........but I certainly don't like getting screwed over

Totally disappointed Rachel

My thoughts exactly.When you call to cancel that should bring up the red flag.By all means be nice,just tell Retention what happened.They should be able to correct the problem or find some way to make it acceptable.Good Luck!;)

I went from E* to D* and first I was having the same problems. They gave me something I did not requested. And to top it all, some how, they lost my original request but after talking to the CRS she took care of it.

Like Brewer 4 said talk to some one else.

Yep, not a real good time to switch anyway with all the new channels coming to dish middle of next month.

So, are you thinking that D* might sweeten their current promotion next month? Just wondering why you say now isn't a good time to switch.

Yep, not a real good time to switch anyway with all the new channels coming to dish middle of next month.

Not trying to flame here, but come on: "all the new channels..."??? How many? 5-10 channels? Versus being all set up and ready for 50-75 in 7 weeks? Hmmm...let me see...which is better? 10 or 50? :D

But seriously, there will always be people who get caught in the crosshairs of bad management or sales. You could easily replace E* everywhere she mentioned D*. While most people I'm sure are perfectly happy with the service and install and customer service, we really only hear about the nightmares. How often do you see someone take the time to write in when they are satisfied or exceedingly pleased? No nearly as often as those who wish to bitch a little or vent.

Rachel - One or two calls and you can this all cleared up. Notes are taken with every phone call and a Retention CSR can track the progress of your signup and install and see what was offered. But I can't imagine anyone can enforce a 3 day cancelation policy. That is a ridiculously short period of time for any product.

Good luck...

Not trying to flame here, but come on: "all the new channels..."??? How many? 5-10 channels? Versus being all set up and ready for 50-75 in 7 weeks? Hmmm...let me see...which is better? 10 or 50? :D

But seriously, there will always be people who get caught in the crosshairs of bad management or sales. You could easily replace E* everywhere she mentioned D*. While most people I'm sure are perfectly happy with the service and install and customer service, we really only hear about the nightmares. How often do you see someone take the time to write in when they are satisfied or exceedingly pleased? No nearly as often as those who wish to bitch a little or vent.

Rachel - One or two calls and you can this all cleared up. Notes are taken with every phone call and a Retention CSR can track the progress of your signup and install and see what was offered. But I can't imagine anyone can enforce a 3 day cancelation policy. That is a ridiculously short period of time for any product.

Good luck...

That's only was dish has confirmed for launch in a few weeks, and they also have launched more national hd channels than directv the past few weeks and months, they just have not hyped a launch of a million channels at one time. Dish will be adding new hd channels regularly as will all providers, I don't see directv ever having much of an advantage over any competitor.

So, are you thinking that D* might sweeten their current promotion next month? Just wondering why you say now isn't a good time to switch.

Which promotion?

Personally I would wait to see what exactly happens with dish and directv before deciding, but this press release suggests exciting times ahead with dish:

DISH NETWORK™ EXPANDS NATION’S LARGEST HD PACKAGE

More National HD Channels, More HD Regional Sports Networks

Englewood, Colo. – July 10, 2007 – EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH NetworkTM satellite TV service today announced exciting enhancements to its industry-leading DishHD programming package.

On July 11, DISH Network will launch eight Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) in high definition (HD) that feature game-only baseball content, including Fox Sports Network Arizona (Ch. 365), Fox Sports Network Northwest (Ch. 376), Fox Sports Network Cincinnati (Ch. 377), Fox Sports Network Pittsburgh (Ch. 378), Fox Sports Network Detroit (Ch. 380), SportsTime Ohio (Ch. 381), Fox Sports Network North (Ch. 386), and SportsNet New York (DISH Network Ch. 388). With the launch of nine HD RSNs earlier this year, these new additions bring DISH Network’s total lineup of HD RSNs to 17, with more channel launches planned for Aug. 15.

Also on Aug. 15, DISH Network will add seven national HD channels to its DishHD programming package, including MHD, featuring music programming from MTV, VH1 and CMT; Golf/Versus HD; Animal Planet HD; The Science Channel HD; TLC HD; Discovery HD, and History HD, which will debut on Sept. 1. With these additions – plus more planned for mid-September – DishHD subscribers will continue to have access to the largest national HD lineup in the United States.
“No one currently has more national HD channels than DISH Network, and we’re committed to maintaining that edge by enhancing DishHD with channels that exemplify the top-quality programming our customers enjoy,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “When it comes to high definition, DISH Network offers not only the best programming, but the best technology and value as well, including the only free HD DVR in the industry and, starting Aug. 15, six months of DishHD programming for free.”

DISH Network’s DishHD currently offers customers more than 200 hours per day of HD content from the nation’s top programmers and is a $20 add-on to digital definition programming packages, including the DishDVR Advantage. The HD RSNs are available to customers who subscribe to DISH Network’s America’s Top 100 Plus programming with DishHD.

The highly-acclaimed ViP622 DVR™ is the perfect complement to DISH Network’s extensive lineup of HD programming – and it’s free to new customers who qualify. One of the most advanced multi-room HD DVR receivers on the market today, the ViP622 DVR boasts the only true 30-second skip feature in the industry – allowing subscribers to watch television commercial-free.

For more information about DISH Network, DishHD, or the six months free of DishHD promotion, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Ya, looks like they're trying to get the most bang for their buck while they can still say they have more HD is all.

Sounds to me they are doing all they can to ensure they stay at the top, at least compared to fios.

Good luck...
E* has 32 HD right now. not including RSN's or locals.I think were are getting 6 more .So its not just 5 or 10.

I'm sorry to say,I've seen no where that D* has 50 CONFIRMED HD channels. If someone can find me a list for 50 confirmed HD channels ,I'd like to see it.Because 50 aren't in any D* press release.

Well all of this will certainly put the telco TV services in last place. I expect DirecTV to have a 35+ channel advantage by years end on DISH, and that DISH will have about 45 total.

Well all of this will certainly put the telco TV services in last place. I expect DirecTV to have a 35+ channel advantage by years end on DISH, and that DISH will have about 45 total.

I don't really see that happening. All major providers will stay within a closer range than that. Providers like fios though do not cover that much ground so of course they aren't going to release press releases nationally about their future plans.

The major networks going hd are not going to be satisfied with being on just one or two providers, not for very long anyway. If there is any difference, it will be with smaller niche networks.

The only way I see that is if D* counts all Sports packs and RSN's.Which all RSNHD aren't avail.to everyone.

The only way I see that is if D* counts all Sports packs and RSN's.Which all RSNHD aren't avail.to everyone.

They will be in September. If you don't want to count the RSNs because you have to buy the sports pack to see them, then you'd have to eliminate the premium channels from ALL the counts (D*, E* and cable) as you have to buy the individual premium packages to see them, too!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)