Original poster
May 8, 2006
Wich switch do you recommend

I'am new to this and I have acquire the following equipment:

Pansat 3500SD
Winegard DS-2076 76cm dish
Invacom QPH-031 Quad LNB
SG2100 Motor

I'am now looking at switches to control this setup.
My mid term goal would be to use a DVB card like Nexus-S to use as a pvr with my Athlon 64 3700+ system and the pansat 3500SD as first receiver.

Wich switch do you recommend?

22khz are they better for my Invacom QPH-031
I try locating Channel Master SAM4420 but I can't find a retailer...
Sadoun makes those 22k switches to.
e*ay has Gecen SW-03/ P

Hello ICE nice starting tips by the way

Since the Invacom QPH-031 is NOT a Universal LNBF it will work with a 22khz switch or what I use, a 2 way DiSEqC switch!

if you are going to run 2 recievers you have 3 options

-22k switch (qty 2)
-2 way diseqc switch (qty 2). A 4 way works too and those are in abundance at shops, ebay, etc
-a 4x4 DirecTv multiswitch. This is what I use. Run all 4 lines into the multiswitch. This is like a giant 22k switch that you can hook up to 4 recievers to. Then there is only one switch outside and some of those are encased in hard plastic so its pretty weather proof :)

I like the Diseqc switch option with what you already have. The Invacom QPH 031 has 4 outputs, 2 @ L (linear) and 2 @ C (circular). Use 1 L and 1 C with a Diseqc switch. When you start using your PC, you can add a second Diseqc switch for the PC and use 1 L and 1 C with it. But, at that point you will want to choose which one to use the motor with. Personally I would use the Pansat.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)