Wives and BUDs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanjap

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2009
houston, tx
I have read in here many folks not installing bigger dishes because of their wives/spouses.

Does your wife or spouse or partner really influence your dish size? My wife doesn't care. Share your stories...

My wife thinks i spend too much money so when i decided to get into FTA i knew it would be an up hill battle.For my first set up it wasnt a problem with her except that i was spending too much time with it.When i decided to graduate to the c band and she saw how big these dishes would be she wasnt too pleased at the idea.After telling her that maybe she would be able to get some her favorite stations on it like LifeTime!and in time we might be able to save lots of money by getting rid of cable she agreed,with one condition! 6 ft max on the dish.After a fairly rough beginning with the c band set up (way to much time playing with it for me)she is calming down abit!I keep calling her over and saying!Ohh look at this station we will be getting for free!she looks and says nice!She wasnt too happy when i told her LifeTime was scrambled but seeing these other new stations has soften her up abit.:)

Eventually, if/when I purchase another house, I want to have, at minimum, a 10ft dish for 103W, 131W, 135W, and 125W. Ideally, I want 3.7m dishes for each. I'll run conduit from the house to one of the dishes and terminate it in a wiring box. Smaller conduit from the other dishes will terminate inside the wiring box. I want a dish farm setup like a cable headend would use. I have a girlfriend who isn't to fond of this idea if we were to get our own house, but hopefully she will compromise. Remember guys, to put your foot down! :)

my future wife thinks 12 feet is small and in this case her view of size doesnt bother me at all. actually when her and i went to pick up a 12 foot, she made a crack that it wasnt big enuff. she suggested that we home build a 24 foot dish as a project together. after seeing 4 feeds at once off my new dish farm config, she doesnt mind the 2 10 footers, 5 ku dishes, all the recievers and various cable laying around. i am so in love. i hope everyone can find their soul mate.

crackt out,.

As long that i am paying for the Top 250 channels from Dishnet, My wife doesn't care how many dishes i have up.

I worked on mine slowly by getting a T90, then a couple of CM75Es, then a couple more. Then when Equity was going to die and we weren't going to have any network TV I explained that we were going to need a BUD.

I think it was the choice between no TV and put up a BUD and have TV was the winning argument for me. Just like kids and food they don't like. Sooner or later you're going to get hungry and when you do you'll eat almost anything.

my future wife thinks 12 feet is small and in this case her view of size doesnt bother me at all. actually when her and i went to pick up a 12 foot, she made a crack that it wasnt big enuff. she suggested that we home build a 24 foot dish as a project together. after seeing 4 feeds at once off my new dish farm config, she doesnt mind the 2 10 footers, 5 ku dishes, all the recievers and various cable laying around. i am so in love. i hope everyone can find their soul mate.

crackt out,.

I would be in love as well. I need to find a woman that feels the same way about computers. Great post. I'm pretty sure you guys will make it. :)

i wanted a c band dish so i told my wife how much we could saved on the programming plus free christian networks too. i came home from work and in the back yard was a new 7 1/2 foot dish and new toshiba analog receiver
all installed and working. she found a c band installer and surprise me. later on she replace the 7 1/2 footer to a 10 footer because i wanted a 4dtv
i told her about the new digital/analog receiver but needed a new 10 foot dish for good reception. she loved it because we ordered mostly the channels she liked. i love to scanned the skys for news feeds. she love those car chases in la. so yes i do have my soulmate too.
John

I am one of the lucky one my wife supports my hobby 100% as long as we got the extra money I can get what ever I want for my hobby.:)

I have a designated area for the dishes (and the ham radio antennas and the weather station and the tater patch :) ) which is 250 + feet up the hill behind the house, and as long as they stay in this area she doesn't mind. She likes watching the HD feeds of the golf matches. She helped me set the poles for the 21 dishes I originally had in place.

well it was easy for me 12'ter 50$ c band lnb 30$ i had 4 stbs i used for ku not to much but when i told her she would get univision east west and telemundo east west for free she jumped on it

My story is similar to Stanley's. Too much money in it....Then too much time. She rarely watches it and probably has forgotten how to turn on the receiver. She pretty much leaves me a lone with it now....blind

We just have a 31 incher and the wife is always telling people that we are looking for aliens, lol. I'd love to get a bigger dish someday, but where we are now there's no room for it. Side yard, which is in the east side of the house only is about 10 feet wide all togetether, and is a very narrow band of property. Front yard is almost non-existent since we live on a landscaped hillside sort of thing - the entire 6 feet or so between the house and the street in the front (south) side of the house is one gigantic flowerbed. The dish we have now is attached to the roof.

I have a friend across the valley who offered his 10 footer to me for free. My wife asked couldn't we get a smaller dish for c-band? I am currently shopping for a 6 footer. She jokes about taking my 3 foot KU band down the hill in the winter for a saucer sled :)

My wife let me have a 10 ft dish because she could watch home and garden tv. When I installed 36" dish she complained until we started watching Create and back hauls on pbs. :D

Like i said before, my wife doesn't mind it. She just complains it is taking too much of my time. The other day she asked me, "Why can't you leave that thing alone? "

The biggest problem i have when it comes to wives and BUDs is my neighbor's wife. She quit talking to me the day i installed my 6ft. Whenever I move my 6ft to 30W which is almost pointing to their home, I notice them closing all the window blinds. She hasn't really told me what is on her mind but I suspect they think i am spying on them when the dish points that low.

Like i said before, my wife doesn't mind it. She just complains it is taking too much of my time. The other day she asked me, "Why can't you leave that thing alone? "

The biggest problem i have when it comes to wives and BUDs is my neighbor's wife. She quit talking to me the day i installed my 6ft. Whenever I move my 6ft to 30W which is almost pointing to their home, I notice them closing all the window blinds. She hasn't really told me what is on her mind but I suspect they think i am spying on them when the dish points that low.
:D;) LOL!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts