Woah what was that BEV?

bryan27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Walsingham, ON
Was BEV having problems yesterday evening? About 20 minutes into Dr. Who on CBC Toronto all the TPs at 91w droped to 0. About 5 minutes later all the TPs on 82w went down to 0. Then 30 minutes later everything returned to normal.

Anyone have something similar yesterday? Where does BEV uplink from? Could there have been severe weather at the uplink facility?

yes, very bad storm in Toronto. Fortunately it was around a commercial break, so nothing really was lost from Doctor Who. My system was only down for a couple minutes.

One would think Toronto would be the worst place for a uplink facility. Especially in winter with the lake effect snows.

Derwin, very interesting. The 6100 is a fickle machine. When signal is lost it goes through all the TPs on both sats looking for signal. Once it finds a signal it sits there downloading information from the sat. Then it sits there downloading the EPG. Needless to say it is a long process to gothrough when signal is lost :(

I was away from home that night, so I saw the effects on my 5900. Evidently it recovered in 5 mins. and picked up the recording at that point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts