WorldSport Future Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think it is very appropriate for the WorldSport channel to focus on the most popular sport in the world: soccer (football)! I don't mind adding other sports too, but please keep soccer coming!

Now that we have ESPN, TNT-HD, etc. I like the idea of WorldSports being something different than domestic sports. But at the same time I hate what is now: a soccer only channel.

The fact of the matter is until Worldsport gets widely distributed which I hope it does, you wont see any american sports on it. But the NHL is dying a slow death, maybe if worldsport grows and the NHL dies further we could see it on worldsport.

Why not kickboxing from Asia, cage fighting or wrestling, boxing overseas, etc. Something more than just soccer and soccer reruns. But more exciting than windsurfing, curling or soccer reruns. Whens the last time sailing ever put anyone on the edge of their seat? What about international basketball? or baseball? If this is the soccer channel then rename it!

Other sports

Although I understand soccer, football or whatever you want to call it may be the world's most popular sport, it's NOT the most popular sport where World Sport is being broadcast. Now, I'm not saying there shouldn't be soccer on the channel, in fact, I welcome it but let's see some other stuff. There are plenty of other worldsports I'd love to watch.

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
Although I understand soccer, football or whatever you want to call it may be the world's most popular sport, it's NOT the most popular sport where World Sport is being broadcast. Now, I'm not saying there shouldn't be soccer on the channel, in fact, I welcome it but let's see some other stuff. There are plenty of other worldsports I'd love to watch.

The Rickster
So, to follow your logic, if someone makes a channel called, say WorldCinema, they should show primarily US movies, because this is what is most popular in this part of the World? C'mon! We have plenty of channels for domestic sports. Let's expand our horizon...

Ok. Maybe I am misreading your posting. I guess what you are saying is that out of non-US sports let's choose those that are most popular in US. Correct? Well, I think this is something that WorldSport was actually trying to do. When they just started, they were showing a lot of Japanese Baseball. And baseball is one of the most popular sports in US...

Ilya said:
I say, keep it the way it is: world soccer-oriented, bring more live broadcasts and fill in the blanks with any other sports events from around the world (anything will do, even curling!) For domestic sports we have ESPN, OTA networks and hopefully regional sports networks down the road.

I agree 100%.
More live matches, add coverage of matches from other countries if possible, and mix in some other sports like rugby and aussie rules football. But I don't need another channel broadcasting the domestic sports that the other networks cover. (We need the other networks to consistently cover them in HD.)

And if we are going to make a wish list, while we're at it, how about converting Fox Sports World to high def? FSW has some good stuff on, but their PQ is bad, even by SD standards (and that was true when I used to get it on DirecTV as well).

Walter L. said:
Socker is good but not enough. What about the "Tour de France" or the "Eco Challenge" - I guess is OK to dream :D

Doesn't OLN still cover the Tour de France? Of course OLN is only in SD. How about OLN converting to HD -- if its ok to dream, let's dream big! :)

Just saying...

I'm just saying there's no problem showing sports which are popular in the US since this channel is being broadcast in the US. However, I'm happy with seeing other sports, just want to see more than just soccer.

I'd like to see more sailing but not too much of course. I'd also love to see rugby, eco challenge races, fighting sports from other countries, etc. Let's just slow up on the soccer a little, that's all.

The Rickster

I'm with Ilya, I think WorldSport should focus on soccer, first and foremost. Maybe they could do one more league, like Italian Serie A and do a game of the week match. I would also like to see Voom add Gol TV to its channel lineup.

rollerfink said:
Any chance we can get some cricket?

I knew there was somebody who asked about this. I inquired about this. Unfortunately, this sport Cricket looks like is way expensive when V* inquire about it. I do not know all the details but that's what I was told. Not saying that World Sport will never carry this but at the present time it does not sound like a possibility.

Sean Mota said:
I knew there was somebody who asked about this. I inquired about this. Unfortunately, this sport Cricket looks like is way expensive when V* inquire about it. I do not know all the details but that's what I was told. Not saying that World Sport will never carry this but at the present time it does not sound like a possibility.

Thanks for asking! It probably is pretty expensive (high ratings in other countries) although I wouldn't think it would be more than soccer. I bet the issue is that there is not much cricket filmed in HD yet. Maybe a few years down the line it will become available in greater quantities. I imagine cricket would look fantastic in HD.

F1, F1, F1 yes!!! or maybe Speed can be in HD???
Soccer is great but La Liga is over and we're still seeing it...why not Italia or Argentina?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)