WorldSport HD/ Rush HD ??? for Current Dish Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

n8d0g

Original poster
May 3, 2005
For any current Dish Network Customers receiving Voom Channels:
I am a former Voom customer moving to Dish Network this week. I was disappointed that WorldSport HD was not one of the Voom channels added immediately because of their coverage of the Spanish Premier League matches. However, I was told by a Dish Network representative that Rush HD will continue this coverage. The representative had no other information about when this coverage might begin and there is no programming guide available online for these channels yet.
Does anyone have any more information about the Spanish Premier League on Rush HD? Have any current Dish Network customers subscribers checked their on-screen programming guide for the weekend to see if any matches are scheduled?
Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Don't believe what CSRs tell you. WorldSport has its own channel. I do not know the reason for not carrying this channel since it will bring soccer fans to Dish. I failed to understand it. We are in contact with the producers of the channel and they are still doing their LIVE games and are even going to do the final four Euroleague. What a waste it will be for no one to see any of this? Will post as soon as we know what the deal is.

n8d0g said:
For any current Dish Network Customers receiving Voom Channels:
I am a former Voom customer moving to Dish Network this week. I was disappointed that WorldSport HD was not one of the Voom channels added immediately because of their coverage of the Spanish Premier League matches. However, I was told by a Dish Network representative that Rush HD will continue this coverage. The representative had no other information about when this coverage might begin and there is no programming guide available online for these channels yet.
Does anyone have any more information about the Spanish Premier League on Rush HD? Have any current Dish Network customers subscribers checked their on-screen programming guide for the weekend to see if any matches are scheduled?
Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I was told at one time by the executive vp of voom marketing that voompaid 22 million dollars for that exclusive rights for worldsport. I would presume it would not now or never be included in the Rush programming. This is IMNO, but I think the CSR is talking without fact. However, I think it makes sense to save bandwith, but from a licensing standpoiint, I don't think it will happend. I think VOOM 21 will be VOOM 21. I would have like to see some consolidating myself, like Rush/Worldsport, Ultra/Gallery/Equator,Guy TV/Vice. Majestic/Filmfest.

To whom is WorldSport broadcasting LIVE since Voom is dead and the channel has not yet been picked up by Dish?!?!?! I am confused as to why WorldSport would do that anyway... maybe to be able to re-broadcast the matches they cover in this interim period once WorldSport gets picked up? That defeats the whole LIVE concept, though. The whole thing doesn't make any sense.
I agree that you should not believe what the CSR's tell you (as sad as that is.) They are operating on limited information concerning the Voom channels and I have received contradicting information from them already. However, the CSR who told me the Spanish Premier League coverage would continue on Rush HD was READING that information. It had to come from somewhere! It just makes you wonder......

I believe WorldSport HD will be coming back to DISH once they put the rest of the 21 channels.

Me 2. And I'm sure it'll be back much sooner than rest of the missing Voom channels. In fact I think this will be the first in next channel wave. :cool:

David Dietzel said:
I miss my WorldSport.

I miss the Live Soccer. But everything else on the channel was crap IMHO, sorry Euro Basketball didnt do anything for me and the Hockey just made me miss the NHL even more. But I did love the soccer.

The Spanish Premier League season is about to end in a couple of weeks. That is why it sucks that Dish hasn't added WorldSport immediately... adding the channel after the season is over will be a disappointment.

Soon?

Taken straight out of Dish Network's pages.

RUSH HD - Channel 9476
Life on the Edge. Not your typical sports channel – RUSH HD takes you to the heart of extreme action sports, and delivers HD footage of sporting events from around the world, including Spanish Premiere Soccer League coverage.​

Sounds pretty official to me! Can people with Rush HD right now take a look at the programming guide and see if soccer shows up anywhere?

From what I was told, you may expect to see some WorldSport programming on RushHD in a month or so. Of course soccer season will be over by then, so La Liga games won't be live.

Say that again?

Ilya said:
From what I was told, you may expect to see some WorldSport programming on RushHD in a month or so. Of course soccer season will be over by then, so La Liga games won't be live.

Thanks for the info, Ilya (& Sean), on the WorldSport/La Liga mystery! You say "From what I was told,...". Can you flesh this out a little bit more please? Who told you? Producers? E* corp.?

I'd like to see any world-class match that I had not seen before on tape in HD, even if I new the result ahead of time from the news media. So, some of the remaining La Liga games which we'll miss might be run later this summer on RushHD? Cool! Can you recheck your source (deep throat? :D ) on this, Ilya. Thx a bunch...
Ken

I know I might be in the minority, but I liked RUSH just the way it was. Soccer games would not stay to the channel theme, which is extreme sports. I am not a soccer fan, so I never watched Worldsport.

If they start showing a bunch of soccer on RUSH, I will be very disappointed. I would much rather watch a SKIPIG episode for the 20th time before I would watch a World Title soccer game live for the first time, but that's just me.

-k

One would have to think that WorldSport HD will be added with the rest of the Voom 21 HD Channels at some point. I don't see RUSH carrying soccer games for long. Since there are a lot of soccer fans that subscribe to DISH, it just make plain sense to have WorldSport up and running ASAP!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)