WorldTV installation- need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Hello everyone!

I am trying to install WorldTV service (or to be specific Setanta Sports is all I care about). I am a complete newbie when it comes to satellite.

Today I received the install kit.

Arion AF-2500 receiver with software 2.5.20.18
75 cm elliptical (?) dish (nor a round one) with single LNB

The satellite is in front of my house mounted on my porch fence, single coax line goes from the LNB to the LNB in on the receiver.

I know approx area in which to point the dish but the satellite is Galaxy 19 and the only one I can pick from the list is Galaxy 25. I assume this is the old satellite that is no longer in service? I also read the settings for Galaxy 19 should be the same?

The problem is I get no signal at all. None. Do I have to change some settings in the receiver? I just find it odd that with 4 hours spent moving the dish around I was not once able to get any signal.

The settings are (default settings, did not change a thing)

DISEQC SETUP - 2 input switch

Tuning status

Frequency 12152000

Symbol rate 20000000

LO(KHZ) 10750000

Polarization - Vertical

Signal level goes from 84 to 90%

Signal quality is always at 0%

I have no idea which transponder to select (the one selected is 11789MHz 28125KS Vertical). I am located in Urbandale, IA, zip code 50322 if that helps. Thanks for your help.

12152 is Horizontal, not Vertical.

Yes, Galaxy 19 replaced Galaxy 25.

Use one of the satellite pointing websites to get the correct pointing, be sure to adjust the skew on the LNBF.

Should I be able to get at least a spike in signal quality? Azimuth 182, Elevation 42, skew 4 on a plumb mount and I tried 'sweeping' with it (go left to right, repeat with slightly lower elevation).

Invested almost 5 hours of my time and not a single time I was able to get anything but 0% signal quality. I also tried your suggestion and changed polarization for that transponder. I'm using RG6 60% shielded coax. What am I missing here?

Also my dish is plastic. Is that a problem?

If I remember correctly, some of the WorldDish LNB are single polarity.
Take a look of the LNB and list all the info from it.

If I remember correctly, some of the WorldDish LNB are single polarity.
Take a look of the LNB and list all the info from it.

Well I paid someone to do it. It took him 2.5 hours to do it. :eek: I never knew satellite installation could be that difficult!

Thanks for your replies.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts