Worst Sports League?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They are the top dog in town. It is Sox Nation first.

No it's not. But thanks for playing from 3,000 miles away. :rolleyes:

Red Sox is an old man's man game in New England. The young people and the energy are with the Bruins and Pats. With the Celtics trapped in limbo right now.

The Red Sox and Yankees play tonight and hardly anyone cares. Yeah I'll watch, but my mind will be on the ways the Bruins can torture the Sedin twins.

Come September, yeah I'll be rooting for the Sox in their playoff push, but I and many more will be planning our Sunday's either going to Gillette or watching on TV.

Love the Sox, but the region has and will forever be changed.

Just ask WEEI sports radio about what it's like nowadays to have hitched your wagon to the sox.

The fact that I am 3,000 miles away and still now about the power of Sox nation is even more evidence.

I'm not disagreeing with your point; I do believe the Sox are #1 in the pecking order. But, it's funny that you feel that those of us 3,000 miles away from you are not qualified to address your sports landscape. :rolleyes:

From the Dodger Stadium violence thread:

It is so funny watching people outside of LA trying to explain what goes on in LA.

The fact that I am 3,000 miles away and still now about the power of Sox nation is even more evidence.

LA might as well be in a different country from Boston, y usted es incorrecto.

NESN strikes out as Sox take ratings hit - BostonHerald.com

Boston Sports Media Watch » Patriots Wrap Up Record TV Ratings Season

New England Patriots Ranked No. 1 NFL Team in Fan Loyalty, Red Sox Surpassed by Phillies, Yankees - NESN Newswire - NESN.com

Patriots pre-season games triple the ratings of regular season Red Sox

I could go on and on.

Hart5150 said:

Forget all the the links and the good finds... I am more inpressed the accuracy and timing of the spanish... Bien impressionante!

Sorry I brought it up. it was meant as a joke. But i can see that any reference to this sets off the same circle of comments.

Geronimo said:
Sorry I brought it up. it was meant as a joke. But i can see that any reference to this sets off the same circle of comments.

Not you, we are in or from New England, we disagree. No biggie.

There is really no way to tell, I just think it's a changing landscape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Im a little surprised about how the Red Sox are not the top dog anymore. As mentioned above, it seems like the Patriots and the Bruins are becoming very popular. I just figured the Red Sox were so huge winning the World Series and always being a contender when October comes around, I didnt think they could be knocked off.

LA might as well be in a different country from Boston, y usted es incorrecto.

Patriots pre-season games triple the ratings of regular season Red Sox

I could go on and on.

REALLY ?
I would have NEVER guessed that.
A preseason game out draws a regular Sox game for interest ?
Wow.

I'm not disagreeing with your point; I do believe the Sox are #1 in the pecking order. But, it's funny that you feel that those of us 3,000 miles away from you are not qualified to address your sports landscape. :rolleyes:

From the Dodger Stadium violence thread:
Context is important. Different scenario all together. One is trying to prove a positive with evidence of the positive and the other why trying to prove a negative without evidence of the positive.
IOW, saying something is not true 3,000 miles away simply because they have yet to see it or understand is not the same as actually seeing something that is true 3,000 miles away.

To put it simply, Sox Nation extends all the way out to the West Coast (just go to an Angels game and you will see more Sox fans than Angel fans). Sox nation is much more prevalent here in LA than Patriots, Bruins, or Celtics Nation. NE residents that now live in LA all confirm that the Sox are #1. The fact that I am 3,000 miles away and know this, demonstrates how prevalent it actually is.

I also gather info from many forums and many posters from NE and elsewhere. The overwhelming majority of them, those that like the Pats best, the Bruins best, the Sox best, the Celtics best agree that the Sox are THE team of NE. Ratings are no measure of subjective feeling, loyalty, history, and excitement

Raiders nation is not prevalent in NE. People in NE have no idea what goes on with the gang violence and Raiders nation here in LA. People in NE do not see the Raiders nation as the primary cause of most of the violence during and after sporting events in San Diego and Los Angeles.

Last edited:
REALLY ?
I would have NEVER guessed that.
A preseason game out draws a regular Sox game for interest ?
Wow.
Football games always have higher ratings as they play 1/10 the number of games, play only once a week, play during a time when the weather is crap and there is little more to do, and are more difficult to get tickets. I watched a higher percentage of Rams games when they played in LA over Dodgers games even though I loved the Dodgers many many many times more than the Rams. My own viewing would demonstrate that the Rams are more popular when they are not.

Guys haven't we said all this several times before-------and always to the same effect.

DodgerKing said:
Context is important. Different scenario all together. One is trying to prove a positive with evidence of the positive and the other why trying to prove a negative without evidence of the positive.
IOW, saying something is not true 3,000 miles away simply because they have yet to see it or understand is not the same as actually seeing something that is true 3,000 miles away.

Sox nation is prevalent here in LA. Sox nation is much more prevalent here in LA than Patriots, Bruins, or Celtics Nation. NE residents that now live in LA all confirm that the Sox are #1. The fact that I am 3,000 miles away and know this, demonstrates how prevalent it actually is.

Raiders nation is not prevalent in NE. People in NE have no idea what goes on with the gang violence and Raiders nation here in LA. People in NE do not see the Raiders nation as the primary cause of most of the violence during and after sporting events in San Diego and Los Angeles.

Again you are wrong and so are the Bill Simmons wanna-bes you know.

I'm only a fan of all 4 major teams in Boston, what the hell would I know? The Patriots and football are far and away my number 1. You can't sniff season tickets, I could walk up to fenway and pick some up tomorrow, 15 year wait for the Pats.

Tom Brady is by a wide margin the most popular athlete in the region.

Football is King in America, and we have finally joined the Party. (Unless you're over 50). Thank You Tom, Bill and Robert.

If you'd require further proof I can provide it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Again you are wrong and so are the Bill Simmons wanna-bes you know.

I'm only a fan of all 4 major teams in Boston, what the hell would I know?
The Patriots and football are far and away my number 1.
So is a guy I work with, and he puts the Sox as #1, as well as many on this site from NE. Who is right?
You can't sniff season tickets, I could walk up to fenway and pick some up tomorrow, 15 year wait for the Pats.
Goes exactly with my point I made earlier. When you play 1/10 the number games during a season of the year with little else to do and do so only once a week, of course tickets are going to be hard to come by. Is it as important to miss one of 81 games where a win or loss is not going to make that much of a difference vs one of 8 games?
Tom Brady is by a wide margin the most popular athlete in the region.
Yeah... I believe that. The quarterback of the local football team usually is, even if the local football team is the least popular sport in town. Particularly if he is a good one
Football is King in America, and we have finally joined the Party. (Unless you're over 50). Thank You Tom, Bill and Robert.
No denying that. Football is the #1 sport in the US by a large margin. Doesn't change the fact that the Lakers are the team in LA, The Cubs are the team in Chicago, the Yanks are the team in NY, and the Sox are the team in Boston. There is also no denying the fact that Boston strongly supports all of the major sports to the fullest, something most cities do not do.
If you'd require further proof I can provide it.
I didn't know opinion was proof, but feel free to opine. I love discussing this topic (note, I am discussing and disagreeing in kindness. I hope I am not coming off as crass or personal. That is not my intention ;):D)

Let me repeat what I posted in a previous post: "I also gather info from many forums and many posters from NE and elsewhere. The overwhelming majority of them, those that like the Pats best, the Bruins best, the Sox best, the Celtics best agree that the Sox are THE team of NE. Ratings are no measure of subjective feeling, loyalty, history, and excitement."

Last edited:
No problem DK, I love this discussion. I have it all the time with my Philly fan friends. Some of them tell me the Phillies have now surpassed the Eagles as #1.

Im a little surprised about how the Red Sox are not the top dog anymore. As mentioned above, it seems like the Patriots and the Bruins are becoming very popular. I just figured the Red Sox were so huge winning the World Series and always being a contender when October comes around, I didnt think they could be knocked off.

I'd wonder how much of it is specifically the Patriots, and also just the increased popularity of football itself.

That I can see. In most years come Early June Pirates fans are probably clamoring "when does training camp start?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts