Worth it?

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
I have Dish now and I have a about 7 months left on my contract. I'm thinking about getting voom too and dropping my dish down to a lower package. Is the HD content worth having two sat services? Too bad you can't just get the HD content and not the cable favorites. By having two I would be repeating some content. Is the equipment as buggy as the 811. If it is I don't think my wife would go for it as that box has made her srcream. ; ) I don't care if it's a little buggy but not like the 811. :D

I have Voom and Dish also. I think it is worth it, and the content on Voom is great. I hardly ever watch Dish anymore, but I can't cancel since i'm also in a contract. As soon as my contract is over I will cancel Dish. For now I have lowered my package on Dish.

I think it's worth it. I acquired VOOM 3 weeks ago and I love it! I do still subscribe to DirecTV, just in case,... I have had no problems with the VOOM STB (I have 2 installed). The install service and phone customer service has been on par with what I have experienced with both cable and satellite services in the past (the less I expect from the media companies, the less I am disappointed). We're still fairly early in the development of HDTV services, so I don't expect perfection. The HD broadcast services will be a better value in the future. Right now, It's still just fun to have access to more HD.

I kept the Dish HD Pack and I now have Voom, it's well worth it. I will keep Dish as long as Voom doesn't have HDNET. The box is very stable now since the last upgrade and the channels change almost instantly. When you get your's installed, it will have the old, buggy software, so don't expect too much until your stb downloads the new version.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)