Status
Please reply by conversation.

giovanni1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hi people...

I am in Ontario and right now I have a 1m motorized dish with an Invacom LNB. I can reach from about 72W over to about 130W (+/-).
Not finding much interest with what is offered on the Ku side of things and was told by a local installer that I can get some 'C' Band channels if I switch over to this LNB.

Just wanted to get some thought s on this.
Thanks

Iceberg said:
he mentions a 1 meter dish in his post...

Oops! My bad..... Don't waste your time experimenting with attempting to receive C-band on this severely undersized dish. You might receive a few of the strongest channels, but you WILL be disappointed! Anything less than a 7 foot dish is experimental and you will be limited on the C-band channels that you might unreliably receive.

An other thing to mention is that the BSC621-2 has poor Ku band reception, so I think with that lnb you will only receive less transponders in total.

Sounds like it is not worth me trying.

Wonder why the installer seems to think it is such a great idea??

I was not about to purchase anything from him. He even gave me the link to a couple of places I could look to find this C/Ku LNB.

Wonder why the installer seems to think it is such a great idea??

because some sellers will say anything to get you to buy. Kinda like when you take your car to get that "deal" on the oil change at one of those quick oil change place and they say there's all this stuff wrong with your vehicle hoping you'll believe them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts