Would H-10 be an upgrade over hughes E-8?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steelr7

Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
I am using a hughes E-8 hdtv receiver. I have a few heat related issues which cause me problems but my main issue is locking in OTA channels. Is the h-10 going to be better at picking up OTA channels than the e-8? D* will sell me an h-10 for $99 after talking to retention. I know the new models will be out next year but I would really like to get some better OTA reception for football season. thanks

I don't have any numbers supporting anything but I didn't really see a change in OTA reception going from the E8 to the H10. Signal levels are all around the same area with both receivers.

I had an E-8 until a few months ago when it died. Had to replace it with a new H-10. I see no difference in the picture quality or signal strength between the two.

If you are getting a lock up it could be your antenna alignment or a bad connection. I had a bad lock up and drop out with the E-8, but found it to be a bad 300 ohm to 75 ohm transformer on the antenna. Also check all your connections. Also, sometimes just a tiny turn of the antenna can make a difference.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)