hank123

COLORADO CONNOISSEUR BUD HUNTER
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 8, 2016
N. Colorado
Would this work on a Zinwell 4x8?

C/ku LNBF to non 22khz side of switch
single line from fixed C band dish to 22khz side of switch.

Image (3).png

Absolutely. I had the same situation going before i bought my DUAL output lnbf from Titanium and it worked fine to get either horizontal or vertical channels. But, you will only be able to see Horizontal or Vertical not both at the same time.

Reactions: hank123
Ok would it be better to put a dual output on the C band 22khz only side?
I want to keep my 10 footer fixed on 97w and have my 8 footer moving C/kU side.

Am I going to lose anything? Only running a single TV so am I only going to be able to get H or V with a single feed not both?

Thanks for your help!

Well, question, are you attempting to be able to have multiple receivers view it at the same time?? I should explain further, the setup you have would enable only Horizontal on the Cband side, and Vertical channels on the KU band. and then Horizontal or Vertical channels on the other Cband lnbf depending on what port you have it plugged into.

Dang so if I want to scan the sky with c/ku combo I would need a dual output c/ku combo? Any unless I want to drop big cash I am SOL.

The only other way I could do this on the cheap is, what Fat Air did and invert a KU dish to a C band dish to track.

okay, then you don't want the 4x8 switch. Instead, just use a cheap Diseqc switch. Port one to Cband, port 2 to KU band, port 3 to Second cband. Then, you don't need the Dual output LNBFs . You can get a CHEAP < $2.00 diseqc switch from Aliexpress including shipping.

I have tried multiple diseqc switches and have not got them to work. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, settings a stack of bad switches xcetera.
I have three zinwell 4x8 switches. I figure I'm a put one to work

Hank, Fat Air put a 30'' dish on the front of his bud to get ku on the same dish he had a single output ku lnb on his 30 inch dish.

I have tried multiple diseqc switches and have not got them to work. I don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, settings a stack of bad switches xcetera.
I have three zinwell 4x8 switches. I figure I'm a put one to work

Hmmm?? I will admit i have had problems with some diseqc switches not working with some receivers.. You might try a different brand then the ones you have... I have soooooo many diseqc switches in my setup, I've lost count.. :)

Hmmm?? I will admit i have had problems with some diseqc switches not working with some receivers.. You might try a different brand then the ones you have... I have soooooo many diseqc switches in my setup, I've lost count.. :)
So true..Have a Enigma 2 receiver here that does not work with a Diseqc 2.0 switch.Just went through this fiasco the other day when I wanted it connected to the entire sat farm..Used a Diseqc 1.2 8x1 and a couple Diseqc 1.2 4x1`s to cascade.

What receiver are you using Hank?..What switch options in the setup menu?..What Diseqc switches have you tried?

Would this work on a Zinwell 4x8?
Technically you could get signal from the three LNBFs you have connected. But only one polarity from each one. The multi-switch is designed to pass both polarities from two dual output LNBFs, selected by up to eight receivers. the 4 inputs are 18V (H) 13V (V) 18V (H) 22khz on 13V (V) 22khz on. The inputs are selected by voltage and 22khz on or off sent by the receiver. The is no DiSEqC involved with this switch. Look at the FTA FAQ section, there are a couple good threads explaining switches and DiSEqC .
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/forums/fta-faqs.29/

So true..Have a Enigma 2 receiver here that does not work with a Diseqc 2.0 switch.Just went through this fiasco the other day when I wanted it connected to the entire sat farm..Used a Diseqc 1.2 8x1 and a couple Diseqc 1.2 4x1`s to cascade.

What receiver are you using Hank?..What switch options in the setup menu?..What Diseqc switches have you tried?

Hey, i have a DM800 enigma2 receiver, and was able to get the Diseqc 1.0 and diseqc 2.0 to work just fine. I can tell you what i am using for switches. I also have them cascaded.

Dang. so I have tried the diseqc switches on a few different recivers. x2 mini, x2 premium V and super v8. it could be a few things user error, low power from, receiver, ect.
Thanks for the help guys.

You could have a problem with the wire that's an idea. Are you using any barrel connectors? Ask one of the mods Iboston to get Fat Air pics from his dish farm. He did have a dish on the fron of his 10' c band dish.

I've had good luck with Amiko diseqc switches. In my current setup there's an Amiko D- 8/1 - it's just one receiver to one TV wired like in the diagram.

Wiring diagram-2A.JPG

Another idea you had mentioned to me you could be pulling to much voltage I had a similar problem when I had a 4x1 setup. it was shutting port 3 or 4 on 87w ku.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts