Would you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully understand what you say, but when you get older you too will more appreciate cars that are more comfortable and easier to drive. Google old muscle car tests on the net. you will see that most of the so called Muscle cars of the 60's and 70's, in stock form, are slower than the modern versions.

Yep. I've been saying for several years now that this is the golden age of sports cars. Never recognize it when it is happening, but the stuff out right now is a lot better engineered than the classic stuff. Unfortunately, the new gas crisis will probably kill it as well as the 74 one killed the muscle car.

OTOH, watch for bargains soon. I expect those new Hemi Chargers are going to be bargains once the reality of $4 gas sinks in.

The ZR-1 will be superior in comfort and performance over any vintage car. I would love to have a ZR-1. Stock vs Stock they will kill most anything.

The new Challenger will be super cool too. I want one and I have not ever really been into Hemi's.

I have out ran some expensive cars. I smacked down some porsche's and a couple of vipers.
Was a lot of fun. Around here all we have are EVO's and STi's. A couple are somewhat fast but most suck.

The ZR-1 will be superior in comfort and performance over any vintage car. I would love to have a ZR-1. Stock vs Stock they will kill most anything.

The new Challenger will be super cool too. I want one and I have not ever really been into Hemi's.

I have out ran some expensive cars. I smacked down some porsche's and a couple of vipers.
Was a lot of fun. Around here all we have are EVO's and STi's. A couple are somewhat fast but most suck.

A vintage car enthusiast would care less about this information. I guess I am interested in vehicles that produce horsepower with their engine and transmission only, before they started using turbochargers, superchargers, 15 speed automatic/fake manual transmissions, Anyone that really likes the feel of driving an automobile just for the drive, would appriciate the 1970 Charger over anything new today.

I don't need to actually drive my car 150 mph to know that I a driving the meanest mother fu@@@@ on the road. :D

Last edited:
Anyone that really likes the feel of driving an automobile just for the drive, would appriciate the 1970 Charger over anything new today.
I'm guessing you never drove one! I would much rather Drive a Toyota Camry V6 with 200 less horsepower,getting 24 MPG. The Chargers are nice YES ,But again if your keeping them stock , They Ride OK, But handle Bad, Poor MPG, Bad Brakes,and OK power. But the weakest 425 horses. My 2006 With 425 Stock Horsepower,weighing 4300lbs, getting 13 MPG will smoke that 1970 Charger.

No, I have never drove a 1970 Charger, but I have drove a 1969 Camaro. I didn't mean for the comfort of the ride. My 2008 Nissan has a great ride. I guess I worded that wrong. I don't know how to explain it, but for a Once in while, I would choose the 1970 Charger anyday. I could care less about the speed. I guess its pretty much impossible to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.