Votes: 21 7.1%
  • I would only buy a Dish branded drive

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • I would only pay a monthly fee

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • I would not pay for this

Votes: 246 83.7%

• Total voters
Since when is it a dirty word to make a profit? I am sure none of us would be employed if the company you worked for lost money!! This is America if you want it and it a value then you buy it if not then dont GET OFF THE FREE LUNCH BAND WAGON!!! What a bunch of whiners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PlumFam4 - I see nobody "whining" here. I see individuals stating facts of what they would and would not like from Dish Network.

It is fully within Dish Network's right to turn a profit and to charge for the additional service and or hardware as their business model sees fit.

I'd appreciate it sir, in the intrest of civility to put a halt to the name calling. As you have so nicely pointed out, this is in fact America and the last time I checked, the freedom to express oneself is still a right. Just as you have the right to call people names, we have the right to express our wishes.

No sir, this is a free market economy and I am thankful for that. I am also thankful that I am able to choose what level of service or functionality I please from the provider of my choice. Given that, I and many others who have posted here have provided our thoughts and feedback as to what we would pay for, and what we would not. The rest remains in the hands of Echostar management.

Again then use your power and dont buy but Why would Dish do it then? IF they make no money then why would they? DO you go to work out of goodness of heart and then say thats ok dont pay me this week?

PlumFam4, it is many of the forum member's hope that Dish would provide this as a "value added feature", something above and beyond competitor's products, to sweeten the pot and draw in additional sales and subscribers. This would be, what we in the business world call "win-win" in that they enable a service that would cost them next to nothing by way of adding and bring their product up to a level of functionality equal to or above that of a competitor. Hardly "out of the goodness of their heart", but out the compulsion to expand and rise above the competition by way of superior products and services.

Why do you stay then? The greatest power you have is with your bankroll!! Either you are getting value with ur money or have soo much it doesnt matter!!! JMO

We stay because of the service and competative price and features. Refusing to pay for an additional service or discontinuing service is right of each subscriber, and again we would hope that Dish would provide this as a "value added service" to retain and recruit additional subscribers.

Please understand the nature of the debate and refrain from name calling sir as none are deserving.

Regards,
Spence

Spence, I agree with everything you said. Nicely stated.

You are right i should not have said whiners but man all i see is complaining. I dont agee with everything DISH does. If you dont want the extra storage then say no! As for me i would like it but it depends on the cost. Remember a glass of water in the desert can have quite a markup!!!!!!!

You are right i should not have said whiners but man all i see is complaining. I dont agee with everything DISH does. If you dont want the extra storage then say no! As for me i would like it but it depends on the cost. Remember a glass of water in the desert can have quite a markup!!!!!!!

We did say no. Then we were called whiners.:confused: I am not cheap my bill now is down to 125 a month. Just tired of all the stupid fee's.

Here's a great example:

Iomega Silver Series 500GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive - Only $154.11 After Rebate and Google Checkout
Take advantage of our mega deal on this Iomega! Save precious files and memories now. This external hard drive allows you to store up to 2,000,000* photos, 9,250* hours of music, or 750* hours of video. Plus, this drive is not only economical, but it’s also easy to use and pre-formatted for simple set-up -- just plug and play.

more info
$ 164 11

After $50.00 Mail-in Rebate

And will be good for you to check what Dish competitors accomplished already.
DirecTV HR20 have native support of external eSATA STORAGE, more interesting for FREE and a size by YOUR choice. What you did talk about Dish revenue ? :D

Yes the Bean counters rule Dish now, especially with FEES. Any way they can tack on another fee for you to pay is the way they keep heading. It is a good thing that Dish no longer lampoons Cable since they are now more like them with all their cable like fees then cable itself now.

Yes the Bean counters rule Dish now, especially with FEES. Any way they can tack on another fee for you to pay is the way they keep heading. It is a good thing that Dish no longer lampoons Cable since they are now more like them with all their cable like fees then cable itself now.

Ain't that the truth! Couldn't have said it better...

We need an anti-Dish-fee-abuse ad campaign like that one that the cellular phone company I've forgotten was running, with the Poseur Mobile team: "The fees are coming! The fees are coming! Extra dollar a day extra! And one bone for the dog! Woof!" -- "You guys are morons!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts