Original poster
Aug 17, 2004
well ,give sky angel credit...........
they sent me a check for 25.81
for the 3 months they owe me
just wanna make sure i give them full credit for paying up
better late than never
Dan

I called in February and was told I should receive a refund for the remaining months on my yearly subscription in 4-6 weeks. Nothing so far.

Katybug

still have not deposited the check
will let you all know if it was good:)

I was quite surprised and pleased to receive my check from SkyAngel Sat. yesterday for $53 and change as a refund for my yearly subscription.

Katybug

you might want to run to the bank and deposit that right away before everyone tried to do it at once ;)

I am glad to hear that SA is able to send the refunds. This had to be a difficult time for them.
Bob

ok....put the check in the bank last week.....
everything seems alright!

too bad they arent refunding something to the lifetime subs:(
Maybe they'll wait till the lifetime subs die, then they'll know how much to pro-rate the policy. If you only live another 2 months, then they'll say that you had service for 99.9% of your lifetime and only refund .1%. If you live another 50 years, they'll refund 99%

Okay, maybe not ;)

Maybe they'll wait till the lifetime subs die, then they'll know how much to pro-rate the policy. If you only live another 2 months, then they'll say that you had service for 99.9% of your lifetime and only refund .1%. If you live another 50 years, they'll refund 99%

Okay, maybe not ;)

I wonder if they will up the refund depending on how many celestial wives we plan to have in heaven or how many spirit babies we have in that next life. We're going to need a lot of dough to support our families in .... the next lifetime... Sky Angel we need all the $$ we can get. :D

I detect a spirit of negativeity in these posts! I had the lifetime subscription and subscribed to the new IPTV and could not be more pleased. It is better then the satellite anyday!

There's always one or two in a crowd. :D

Still, if you already have broadband and aren't a heavy user of bandwidth I can see how you could be pleased with the bang for the buck, especially if you didn't have a recent lifetime sub go poof which is not the case in a refund for prepaid service.

But if you had to sub to broadband to get it, or my case have to sub to Digital tier cable TV just so they would allow me to purchase increased bandwidth to accommodate it, then that's a whopping reason for resentment. An extra $50 or so a month just for the connection and then to pay another $15 for Christian programming that should by and large be subscription free by it's very nature. And at that I don't think it's the ministries who are getting paid, as they wouldn't need to make so many appeals for viewer contributions if they were, it's just the content carrier.

Really, if you couldn't go FTA or broadband, as described, is an issue then Direct TV has a good lineup for a lot less money in the end. But I think some folks are equally ticked at Dish for not offering more of the SA programming having been convinced to take their Family Pak or higher and finding it doesn't match up as well. Some folks are now probably stuck in a Dish commitment and hating it too.

I guess to each their own. But many of us still have to wonder how long the SA IPTV model can survive after losing a sizable chunk of it's subscribers the way it did and with expected lackluster results in new subs to replace some of them. Of course being a private company we may never know how bleak things may be until someone reports "Service unavailable. Please contact your service provider" is showing on their screen. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)