WRAL, WRAZ off Dish menu in North Carolina

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if this is why there was an ad I just saw, specifically targeted at DISH customers, listing all the other stations that were taken off the air stating it’s over 200 channels that were removed, on a local station (Nextstar) that was removed but placed back on the air after a multi year dispute. For that station to run that ad even after dispute is resolved must mean that they have a sour taste in their mouth.

Doesn’t surprise me in the least bit. They saw Nextstar received something for nothing so why not be the next local that wants to gouge consumers during these trying times! Exactly why I have OTA.

This week on As The Dish Turns:

Pretty much the same thing as last week: MVPDs and Channels Owners have the same tantrums as last week as they fight over the bones of a dying industry.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I wonder how long this one will last since it involves only 3 stations?
It is actually only two stations. WRAL is our NBC and WRAZ is FOX. I dont so much mind this as Dish is keeping the guide data on for the OTA and these two channels are the strongest of the bunch for me.

The NExstar one was worse as WNCN, our CBS, has horrible reception at the antenna connected to my H3. Thankfully that has been resolved.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I wonder if this is why there was an ad I just saw, specifically targeted at DISH customers, listing all the other stations that were taken off the air stating it’s over 200 channels that were removed, on a local station (Nextstar) that was removed but placed back on the air after a multi year dispute. For that station to run that ad even after dispute is resolved must mean that they have a sour taste in their mouth.
Or, more than likely, someone didn't do their job when the ad was supposed to be pulled.

And I thought Nexstar was only off for a couple of months, not multiple years.

Both stations (WRAL and WRAZ) are owned by Capital Broadcasting. They also own WILM in Wilmington, NC. I assume that one is off also.
Yes, that is correct.
New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels Available
6466 LOCAL (5 HD Local) CARRIAGE DISPUTE added to 129° 1s40 (East Virginia) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden) AVAILABLE DRM – VOD Link
6466 LOCAL (5 HD Local) CARRIAGE DISPUTE added to 61.5° 22s5 (North Carolina) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden) AVAILABLE DRM – VOD Link
6468 LOCAL (50 HD Local) CARRIAGE DISPUTE added to 129° 1s40 (East Virginia) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden) AVAILABLE DRM – VOD Link – xED
6468 LOCAL (50 HD Local) CARRIAGE DISPUTE added to 61.5° 22s5 (North Carolina) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden) AVAILABLE DRM – VOD Link – xED
8751 LOCAL (5 Local) CARRIAGE DISPUTE added to 110° 29s2 (East Carolinas) (SD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden) AVAILABLE DRM – VOD Link
8753 LOCAL (50 Local) CARRIAGE DISPUTE added to 110° 29s2 (East Carolinas) (SD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden) AVAILABLE DRM – VOD Link – xED
8688 LOCAL (10) CARRIAGE DISPUTE added to 61.5° 24s5 (North Carolina) (SD MPEG4 Wilmington, NC market Hidden) AVAILABLE DRM

Uplinks Removed
6466 WRAL (5 HD Local) RALEIGH, NC (CBS) removed from 129° 1s40 (East Virginia) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden)
6466 WRAL (5 HD Local) RALEIGH, NC (CBS) removed from 61.5° 22s5 (North Carolina) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden)
6468 WRAZ (50 HD Local) RALEIGH, NC (FOX) removed from 129° 1s40 (East Virginia) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden)
6468 WRAZ (50 HD Local) RALEIGH, NC (FOX) removed from 61.5° 22s5 (North Carolina) (HD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden)
8751 WRAL (5 Local) RALEIGH, NC (CBS) removed from 110° 29s2 (East Carolinas) (SD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden)
8753 WRAZ (50 Local) RALEIGH, NC (FOX) removed from 110° 29s2 (East Carolinas) (SD Raleigh/Durham, NC market Hidden)
8688 WILM (10) WILMINGTON, NC (CBS) removed from 61.5° 24s5 (North Carolina) (SD MPEG4 Wilmington, NC market Hidden)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
This dispute hasn't been resolved but at least Dish gave me a solution. It hooked me up with an antenna that connects with the DVR so that I can now record shows/games on both channels. I can now save the $12 a month I pay for local channels. That would also mean losing Primetime Anytime, though.

This dispute hasn't been resolved but at least Dish gave me a solution. It hooked me up with an antenna that connects with the DVR so that I can now record shows/games on both channels. I can now save the $12 a month I pay for local channels. That would also mean losing Primetime Anytime, though.
So instead of letting the machine FF thru commercials you now have to do it yourself.:facepalm

Reactions: joewhite57
So instead of letting the machine FF thru commercials you now have to do it yourself.:facepalm
Personally, I would not pay a machine $12 per month just to fast forward through commercials. By the way, AutoHop still works for OTA recordings. It is simply the automatic recording function of PTAT (and the ability to record all four networks at once) that would be lost.

Personally, I would not pay a machine $12 per month just to fast forward through commercials. By the way, AutoHop still works for OTA recordings. It is simply the automatic recording function of PTAT (and the ability to record all four networks at once) that would be lost.
I've never used the AutoHop anyway and I didn't know it still worked with OTA channels since I have to pay to get my locals.

I"m going to wait a week to make sure that I'm getting solid pictures without pixelations before getting rid of the local channels via Dish. So far, so good.

I have been experimenting with our usual recordings to see if losing the locals vs two tuner OTA would work. The problem is with CBS, who starts ALL their shows two minutes ahead of the hour, which too often creates timer conflicts, or you adjust and then miss part of a show.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have been experimenting with our usual recordings to see if losing the locals vs two tuner OTA would work. The problem is with CBS, who starts ALL their shows two minutes ahead of the hour, which too often creates timer conflicts, or you adjust and then miss part of a show.

Yup. This is why I’m going to pick up a new dual tuner OTA adapter. Ran into this problem the other day and my old single tuner had to drop one.

Yup. This is why I’m going to pick up a new dual tuner OTA adapter. Ran into this problem the other day and my old single tuner had to drop one.
I have a dual tuner, but when it comes to CBS, it's handicapped if there are other shows scheduled before and during and after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)