WS 120 cm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcdif

Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Thinking about getting WS 1247 I talked to WSI Digital today they said the next shipment would have a user friendly motor mount He said the SG 2100 motor would power the dish OK. I was looking at the universal DMX 741u lnb. I have a couple questions. While the DMX 741u lnb does it all they say ku reception on a off set dish may be poor What would be a good way to set the dish up for good c and ku reception? Would the SG 2100 motor hold up ta a dish this large? Any comments would be appreciated.

I dont know if the SG2100 would support the dish that size. Unless that mount is very lightweight the dish is pretty heavy (at least with the stock bracket right now)

I've seen not the best results with a C/KU unit if the dish is fixed. Example. My 1.2m dish was at 125W for PBS. Had a KU LNB on it. Most signals at 99 quality. Swapped it for a C/KU unit for TBN...TBN at 40-45 and PBS dropped on most to 45-50 with some not even there

others may chime in but I've seen folks have separate C & KU setups

"others may chime in but I've seen folks have separate C & KU setups "

That's my recommendation, too. Get a C2 lnbf and don't bother trying to get Ku and C at the same time. Its quick enough to swap out a Ku lnbf for the C-band one, when you want to.
:)

Does anyone have any suggestions for building a duel lnbf holder that will accommodate something like a Geo Sat CK1 with WS KU2C Scalar ring and a Icom QPH-031. Is there a off the shelf one available? Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.