Status
Please reply by conversation.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
All of a sudden I am getting this with 72 % quality on the Coolsat! Never able to get anything at all in the past-not a hint. Hope it continues and is not an anomoly of some kind. :D

Wahoo, Was able to manual get it. Blind scan on the Fortec Lifetime Ultra wasn't able to pick it up automatically.

After reading this I decided to motor my dish over to AMC 4 and WVGN. Two nudges "East" and now a whopping 60% quality.

I was getting WVGN just fine last winter, spring came and WVGN disappeared. Gone all summer long. Now that Labor Day is just around the corner, it's back. Odd TP indeed! Oh where, oh where, has it been? :D

Best thing I did was switch from using USALS to Diseqc 1.2 with my motor.
That works a lot better for me.

Now I've lost it again. :(

I'll wait and see what happens, we're getting the remnants of Katrina right now and I'm getting some serious rain fade on everything.

I also noticed that I'm getting 70-80% quality on WVGN last night. I was checking the dish after the hurricane passed through. It knocked down quite a bit of trees in my area. I figured if I could get my usually 50-60 quality on WVGN then the dish didn't get moved. And there it was...the 70-80.

On the other hand this FTA setup came in handy during the whole hurricane thing. Cable went out and I only subscribe to the HD Pak on DishNetwork, I was still able to keep up with the news due to all the feeds. Even kept up better than cable could have fed me. Glad I set this "toy" up as I soon figured out I was counting on the "toy" for my breaking news. I actually caught my wife power scanning a few sats looking for more feeds!

Seems like WVGN does this every once in a while. I've got a Primestar dish and the Invacom quad polar lnb, and right now am getting 72% signal and 74% quality on my Fortec. Normally I get around 60% quality. This happened about a month ago too, but the higher quality only lasted for a day or so.

Well I could not belive my eyes that I am getting the signal at 89 to 91%!!

It's nice to see WVGN-TV again.

I wonder if the Earth's seasonal rotation is causing our dishs to lose signal in the summer when the Earth tilts down then our satellite dish is just aming below the arc belt?

But then again we seems to gets the satellites just fine years round despite the Earth's seaonal tilt. :)

N5XZS said:
I wonder if the Earth's seasonal rotation is causing our dishs to lose signal in the summer when the Earth tilts down then our satellite dish is just aming below the arc belt? :)
You know, there might be something to that. I got trees on a hillside in front of the dish. Maybe the summer tilt affected my setup. I was thinking tree leaves, but they're still there, and WVGN is now back as fall approaches. I got it just fine all last winter.

moved to regular FTA area since the channel is listed on Lyngsat :)

Never got to motoring to AMC4 last ngiht...too busy watching the hurrican stuff

I have finally caught a glimpse of the famous and ever elusive WVGN. I'm getting a whooping 54 quality on my trusty viacast. hope this last.

Is the published info in Lyngsat correct? Everything else on this sat is great quality for me with the exception of WVGN which is not even above 20%....wahhhhhhh!

I'm getting a whopping 25 on WVGN.
Now on KUIL I'm pegging the meter 99 quality.

It would be nice if they turned up the juice a bit on Wvgn

I checked again last night, and the quality was back down to the 60% range its normally in. I'm getting it with a Primestar dish and a Invacom lnbf though. I couldn't get it at all when I was using my old Fortec .5 lnbf and 80cm dish. I think to get this one well, it really takes the larger dish and the high quality lnbf.

finally got around to checking yesterday :)

mostly between 45-50..but thats good enough for me :)

at night she zooms to 75

I did notice last night Ice, the later it got the stronger the signal. I think I too hit 75, but at first thought my receiver was drunk!

Status
Please reply by conversation.