WWE NETWORK COMING IN 2012

Most old school wrestling fans still consider these the Big 4
Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series but only WM costs more ($60 for HD) instead of the "bargain" of $55 for the rest
But these days only the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are "big" anymore. And even Wrestlemania has suffered from inadequacy issues recently. And isn't the Survivor Series disappearing soon? Back in the day when there were only three titles, winning the Series was a big deal. But now big matches almost always have to be Title related, which makes the Survivor Series pointless.

Yes, very entertaing but not a sport. But with all the other ridiculous channels being offered why not this. There is, amazingly, a huge fan base for this. Probably more than some other sports. I wouldn't watch, Canadian curling is more exciting, but there are others who would.
Ouch! Curling is absolutely awesome stuff. I can't get enough of it at the Olympics.
i would pay a few bucks for it
If they show the non-main PPV's it'd need to be more than a few bucks. More likely $15 to $20, would be my guess. They could charge $30 or $40 for the channel, as it'd be a "discount" from the PPV price, and you get all the extra material.

The Wikipedia site on the dish network page that says by early next year soapnet will become Disney jr in feb in jan versus will become NBC universal sports and 4/1/11 WWE Network will launch for sure they have over 300,000 hours of media from wcw ecw nwa awa wwwf and their own programming so it's about time UFC dose not come close to
That WWE will win by long shot if they buy a network and yes you can buy ppv on any dish network receiver sorry if you thought I went off topic a bit but I just wanted to share what's comming up programming

Well, if it is in wikipedia, then it must be true... ;)

If they show the non-main PPV's it'd need to be more than a few bucks. More likely $15 to $20, would be my guess. They could charge $30 or $40 for the channel, as it'd be a "discount" from the PPV price, and you get all the extra material.

Ouch. I might pay $2 a month if it has a lot of live (formerly PPV) events. I wouldn't pay $15 a month no matter what they do, though. Not even if it includes home visits from some of their more attractive divas. ;)

One of the big paradoxes in the way wrestling is marketed is that it seems to aim for demographic that doesn't have a lot of money, but then charges out the wazoo for certain stuff. Like who wants to spend that kind of money for a television channel? Or the kind of money they charge for PPVs for one night of television? Not the blue collar demographic that likes wrestling, that's for sure. I don't really get it.

I'd rather watch real sports where I get to see the big games and even championship games without paying extra. I like wrestling, but the way it's geared toward these big money events is kind of a scam.

Officially in surveys they (WWE) were asking individuals if they would pay between $7 - $12 month for the channel. In some instances, they asked the same if it were with channels like Fox Business as part of a package. I would actually pay $7 month assuming I do get some of the PPVs. Even with the PPVs I wouldn't pay $12 month, though.

Officially in surveys they (WWE) were asking individuals if they would pay between $7 - $12 month for the channel.

I wouldn't pay that either.

In some instances, they asked the same if it were with channels like Fox Business as part of a package.

If it includes all the PPVs, $2. If it includes all the PPVs and is included in a package with FOX Business, $1. ;)

I don't know, though, anything is a hard sell for me right now, and I think the same is true of a lot of people in this economy. Their best bet is to get it included in some of the base packages like AT120, 200, etc..

I suppose it comes down to numbers. They want $50 for a PPV, but there are only 200,000 domestic buys. If there are 1 million subscribers, that could knock the price down to $12.50. 10 million subs then it is only $1.25.

Right now their WWE on demand thing on cable is $8

If its like that I wouldnt mind paying $5 a month...especially to see the older programming from federations long gone like AWA, World Class, ECW, SMokey Mountain Wrestling

It's all about the PPVs. If it's only 5 to 7 bucks a month, I can see Dish putting it either in Multi-Sports or BBMP (old Dish Platnum). EPIX costs $7 to $10 a month on other providers, but Dish offers it in BBMP. Of course, Dish has an agreent with EPIX.

It may well be placed in a specialty package (such as BBMP) but I think it will have to be sold a la carte as well. The on demand service was sold separately and I'm thinking much of that will be moved over to the network (presumably why it was shut down). As for it being $2, I highly doubt it. A friend of mine working for WWE (and who knows how much she knows) seems to think it will be offered someplace around $5 - $7 month.

I'd jump on that because I generally buy about two of the B-level PPVs per year (this year MITB and TLC) so it is almost automatically a savings to me (at the rates above) with the added bonus of the other PPVs (minus the big four) and hopefully some classic ECW, SMW, WCW and USWA stuff. Not to mention the classic PPVs which, from the Attitude Era, is a treat.

I think they will show the repeat ppv after its aired for free if you pay 8.00
A month like hbo or be on sports package or even pay like that babytv extra like that