WWOR HD

But there is a signal outside the DMA... I am not in the DMA and still get it. It's possible you are on the edge of the spotbeam and have lost the signal?

But there is a signal outside the DMA... I am not in the DMA and still get it. It's possible you are on the edge of the spotbeam and have lost the signal?

I am in NH, but always had WWOR HD before. My understanding was that it was available in HD outsid the DMA, which explained why I was getting it. If this has changed, I will have to cancel the Superstation. I don't watch SD anymore. WWORHD still shows in my guide but no signal. Can someone confirm that there was a change recently?

When looking at the spotbeam map for NYC DMA on Echostar 16, what is the furtherest you can be out and still receive the signal?

Maybe 1 day soon we will get the superstations in HD ;) :)

We can only hope that you are right! I don't want this to sound like I am disparaging your post or opinion but the the next thing we will likely see is someone that insists that there is probably a law that no one can find that forbids it. In other words we just go in circles on this and DISH continues to show them in SD.

Any news on this? Has Dish tightened up the area where WWOR HD is available? I (and others it seems) used to get this channel in HD from way outside the DMA, but not any more (only SD now, I still get the guide for HD but no signal). Maybe DIRT knows?

61.5 is a new satellite. Some of the spotbeams have been reported to be slightly different than before. I also believe Dish was at least at one time tweaking the satellite. If you are at the fringe that could be the reason. Possible good news, I saw a post of someone who re-aimed his dish and got a signal back he had lost. (not this one but similar circumstance) But what existed before still does, if you are in the spotbeam DMA of NYC and subscribe to WWOR superstation, you should get it in HD.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)