www.voom.com Site has been Updated!

rdehaven

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
So. Cal
The Voom webiste now reads:

"Continue receiving VOOM HD programming with a free offer from Dish Network. TV in up to 4 rooms. HD receivers. Free installation. Over 180 SD channels for $19.99 for the first 3 months. Call 800-969-HDTV. "

I suspect that we'll see the site transformed into the new 'content provider' business model very soon.

dude, seriously please change it.

Also there's another thread about this somewhere

HD RECEIVERS? or DEAL BREAKER!

rdehaven said:
"Continue receiving VOOM HD programming with a free offer from Dish Network. TV in up to 4 rooms. HD receivers. Free installation. Over 180 SD channels for $19.99 for the first 3 months. Call 800-969-HDTV. "
Like many VOOMers, I have 3 HDTVs and Cable is willing to provide me with three low cost HD DVRs. If E* will lease three 811s or one 942 w/$250 upgrade and two 811s then I will subscriber to VOOM21 on E*. If not, I will stick with Cable until a better programming packages comes along.

only applies to new customers

rdehaven said:
The Voom webiste now reads:

I suspect that we'll see the site transformed into the new 'content provider' business model very soon.

customers who have both voom and dish will not qualify for the free installation because it is regarded as an existing customer, and will have to pay 100 bucks for installation

to receive voom it will be 5 bucks a month in addition to the HD package

jeslevine said:
customers who have both voom and dish will not qualify for the free installation because it is regarded as an existing customer, and will have to pay 100 bucks for installation

Quick question: I ordered E* 18 months ago, but E* cancelled two installation appointment due to their not having enough working 811s in stock. Of course, they never bothered to inform me about the cancelled appointments so I cancelled my order. A few months later signed on with VOOM. Although I was never installed nor did I have one day of service with E*, I just noticed my online account is still active; for S&G I tried logging on a short while ago and it let me log into the system...even though I haven't logged on in almost 18 months. Ok, do you think E* has the balls to tell me that I am an existing customer?

riffjim4069 said:
Quick question: I ordered E* 18 months ago, but E* cancelled two installation appointment due to their not having enough working 811s in stock. Of course, they never bothered to inform me about the cancelled appointments so I cancelled my order. A few months later signed on with VOOM. Although I was never installed nor did I have one day of service with E*, I just noticed my online account is still active; for S&G I tried logging on a short while ago and it let me log into the system...even though I haven't logged on in almost 18 months. Ok, do you think E* has the balls to tell me that I am an existing customer?
Oh, please give them a call and find out. It'll speak volumes about a company I'm considering dealing with!

jeslevine said:

I am not an existing customer, have never had dish and still I will have to pay $100 for the extra dish to get VOOM 21--I already have a VOOM dish pointing in that direction.

TheTimm said:
Oh, please give them a call and find out. It'll speak volumes about a company I'm considering dealing with!
I will be sure to call E*'s Superdeluxo Conversion Team tomorrow. If nothing else, the folks at Dishstore may have a "new" special offer in a few days.

richard_rd said:
Yeah, but don't hold back, tell us the whole story, you married her didn't you, LOL!!!!! :) :) :)
And SUDDENLY I feel like AL BUNDY who married Peggy! :shocked Just kidding! No, she end up moving to NY or something last I heard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)