OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Mouse over the image for a clue to the working title. :cool:

Well yeah, I did that first and saw a title/name. However I can't find that receiver anywhere doing some Google-fu with that name. Unless of course it's a work "in progress" and not even released as of yet? Either way, its looks intrigues me...

That free MicroHD receiver I won has gotten expensive, lol. You woke up my inner technician once again...

The dealer that brought us the Amiko Alien is also selling an Ali 3606 box named the MiniHD now.

Hello!! Since this boxes are getting really small I dont see why the TV companies doesnt include them inside as an option??

Hello!! Since this boxes are getting really small I dont see why the TV companies doesnt include them inside as an option??

What! Do you want the mainstream robber-baron broadcasters to actually lose money when people find out they can get their channels for FREE?

How dare you!

That will NEVER happen in the U.S. of A. EVERYTHING is commercialized, and costs money...

lol. :popcorn

I recently saw a 22" LED-backlit LCD TV on clearance at my local Radio Shack store for something like $129.
Not a lot of wiggle room to be adding extra features not already included in the TV chipset. ;)

Plus what Primestar said.

Edit: and around here, we have 80-90 OTA channels just 25 miles away on a mountaintop.
Will the lazy SoBs put up an antenna and get 'em?
Hell no! They want 'em piped in on cable!
i doubt 1 in a 100 would put up a dish. :(

Last edited:
I was able to record an hd wildfeed, without any drive speed too slow errors until I ran out of space on the usb stick.
It recorded 4gig per 15 minutes.
It will resume playback from where you left off if you stop a playback,a feature I like.
It passes audio to tv if you FF 2x, which is funny.

XT did you notice the reserve feature in the PVR? If you go to a channel that has EPG data you can schedule to record whatever program you highlight. A "reserve" option comes up where you press the yellow button to reserve the program for recording.

NT78326 like I guessed earlier.
there are other receivers with the same processor but I couldn't find any firmware or support programs yet for those.

new glee has a model with the same processor and interesting back panel.
GL-S89V

Attachments

• GL-S89V_Rear Panel.jpg
    GL-S89V_Rear Panel.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 294
If you go to the multimedia section and select photo you can load pictures onto a usb drive and it will automatically play through the pictures like a digital photo frame. It also gives you the option to play music at the same time. I got it to work fine but it said unsupported format on one of my pictures that was .jpg and over 1mb. It played my other smaller jpg files OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts