OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Well I got mine today and the little bit I got to use it I was impressed.I started at my true south AMC 9 and scaned in active channels quick and accuratly.Moved down to 72 and scanned nothing {C-Band}.So I went to 58W and still nothing. So I looked out back and the dreaded dish flop!Luckily my 12 foot Unimesh is fine, but my old JGS actuator blew the big plastic gear that drives the shaft to pieces. So anyway I propped the dish up a little with a couple of 2x4's to keep it from hurting itself and did a scan just for kicks. Looks like I will watching 43.1 west for a few days!.Anyway any ideas were to buy a decent 24 inch actuator?

Fixing X2?

I gave up on this threads months ago, but got interested again last week due to pro96's video posts.
So I just reread it start to finish.

Sounds like the diseqc switch and USALS motor problems have finally been addressed.
However, that has been claimed before.
Would like to see more comments on those subjects. :up

As to the over current problem, is that just a light weight power supply?
There was another thread on some popular receiver having a similar problem.
If I recall, a tougher switcher chip was found, which fixed it.

There was also a receiver with the wrong part (poly fuse).
The fellows tracked that down and got a proper replacement.

Could the X2 suffer from either of these problems, and be fixed the same way?

once I edited the sat list and got the diseqc motor set up I have been using the same channel list for all the latest releases.
the ezm tool also has a folder that contains bootfilecreate.exe and usbbootcreate.exe,trying to figure out how to use those now.

Can you give me the address to enter to get the usa updates. I still have the factory address that ends in .ssu and it keeps ssaying update failed after a fit hits a few percentage points of completion .

Let me see if I can create a section on the download section for the X2 if I can. If so you will find the files there

Let me see if I can create a section on the download section for the X2 if I can. If so you will find the files there

I tried linking a download weeks ago and was removed.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I tried linking a download weeks ago and was removed.

I see , I tried loading the files in the download section as *.zip and keep getting this message: Error! The upload failed (error type move). Limited privileges???

Anyone interested in getting any files pls send me a PM with your e-mail I'll be more than happy to help!!

I see , I tried loading the files in the download section as *.zip and keep getting this message: Error! The upload failed (error type move). Limited privileges???

Anyone interested in getting any files pls send me a PM with your e-mail I'll be more than happy to help!!

Did you PM Scott about it? With the changes made maybe something glitched up so they dont load properly (but they should)
Or did you think that because it wasn't a Micro or an azbox we don't care about it? :rolleyes:

No way to ship to PR . I tried all the ways even talking directly to Mrs Wang at X2. I sent all my units to my sister on Florida and she mailed them to me by USPS

Guess have someone buy it for u and ship it to puerto rico wepaaaaa :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I have just finished reading all, and I mean ALL of this thread. Very interesting reading. Went and searched the Internet, and this Unit is still being carried by Amazon under "Special Edition" model for about $55.00, is that the lattest model. For what I gather the receiver is being supported, and some and most of the receiver's bugs have been fixed and corrected.

This receiver price is just right. So I will order one and see what it can do for me.... Of course as always questions will come up, and hopefully someone will chime in and help me out to solve the problem(s). LOL!!!

Thank You

Last edited:
Avenger-congratulations! I did the same thing 2 days ago. Then , I thought-damn-did I just do that. Took me several minutes to get through all of it, lol. This is one of the longest threads I have read on ANY forum! Pays to get in early and stick with some of these stories because it is time-consuming to try to catch up.

I will be doing more CBAND testing soon.
Again I am using a 6FT dish and the x2 finds channels other receivers* just "cant" but the x2 premium hd "does".

* openbox s10
* geosat microhd
* openbox s9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)