OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

What does the satellite list look like in this box, with latest firmware?

Any NA sats, Ku & C-band?

Has most of them as I recall. But if any missing depending on fw you load.. you can always add the NA transponder list I've seen around in other sites.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The coolsat 5k and 6k were legendary in their blind-scanning, are we looking at the same class / caliber of blindscan here?
It is starting to look like it.

edit- i also loved the way they deleted channels, smooth and easy to do.

Last edited:
with the coolsats you could manually select the range of freqs to blindscan,so they had the edge.
Some of the mideast x2 cousins look like coolsat for their osd and use .ndf files for the channel lists.

Is there a good channel editor for the X2?
No there's not. At least in my opinion. It looks to be a hacked up version of someone else's editor. Its pretty buggy. BUT, it may give you what you need. I just dont like it. I've emailed the company and posted a few suggestions. But, they just keep telling me how to use the app instead of fixing little "issues".

i just use the ezm to set the sats in the list then do a blindscan to pick up the channels.
Since it is just for true fta you can easily delete channels by the remote.

Yea why would u need a channel editor anyhow for fta channels as they come and go. I havent even tried the editor since all I delete and edit is done directly from the x2

Yea why would u need a channel editor anyhow for fta channels as they come and go. I havent even tried the editor since all I delete and edit is done directly from the x2

The channel editor is needed because the built in one has several bugs. My latest one is channels appear that havent even been added to the SAT it shows under. You go into the built in editor, they dont exist. But, in the channel list, they do. Every time I had a problem with the built in editor, they (X2 or others) refer me the the app. Back up your files a LOT just in case. I do like the built in editor interface and ease of use. Thats why I wish it just worked a little more stable.

All this chatter prompted me to pull the unit down and load the latest firmware to test.

I see where PIXL tested the unit to 700mA draw before shutdown. This is not the case with my sample. Must have received another defective unit because the motor/switch/LNBF combination of my home system continues to cause an overload and the STB shuts down when the motor command is sent. This doesn't occur with other STBs, so it must have been just bad luck if no one else is experiencing over current protection shutdowns. If I go with only the motor and a single LNBF, the motor will move and land accurately, so can confirm that USALS is working properly. The DiSEqC 1.2 is limited to 32 positions and will accommodate most common satellites. Would be nice to increase the number of positions to a more useable number like 64 or 99.

Is there a trick to having a timer recording occur? I set several timers yesterday and none were recorded. The manual start / stop recording and playback via the remote works fine, so I know the drive is recognized and working.

I can confirm jugghedd's report as some of the scanned channels are misplaced and not appearing in the editor.

Personal note: An editor is needed for setting the SID to "0" for renaming. There are also few channels that scan incorrect audio type and need a working editor in order to receive audio on these channels.

My earlier praises still remain. Improvements to switch and motor function have been made since the last tests.

Thanks for giving it another run-through, Brian.

Am I correct in my understanding that satellites can be added/deleted/edited with the remote only (not requiring a channel editor)?

Wonder if early feedback on the first batch revealed the power shortcoming, and they quietly fixed it for the next group?
(lower current might go unnoticed by 80% of the customers)
If so, it'd be nice to know what changes they made.

It's been over six months, but they have been steadily chipping away at the bugs.
I'm surprised and impressed.

Wonder if early feedback on the first batch revealed the power shortcoming, and they quietly fixed it for the next group?

Certainly could be the case as I may have been one of the first to take delivery on a first and second unit. Likely they came from the same batch, though I didn't notate the serial number on the first unit.

Edit: Serial number on the replacement STB is X1002012072906 for anyone else to compare.

Last edited:
Bandstacking LO operation remains the same with double channel scans on each polarity..

What post(s) are you referencing that this was fixed?

I have the same current draw problem as you with my 1M dish. I use my MicroHD to move the dish, then scan with the X2 just to get some use out of it. I bought it last year for $45.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)