OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

It's still $50 at NEWEGG, if you must have one..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...sories-_-X+Square+Technology-_-9SIA2EP0SR1450
Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for the Newegg link! I ordered one, so I'll be annoying this thread with stupid questions soon. I currently use a Openbox S10 and one of the $22 X2-fta DVB-s Mini's. The $22 X2 is a helluva deal if all you want is to watch SD channels on galaxy 19.

BTW, the price on Amazon is now nearly $90!

Thanks for the Newegg link! I ordered one, so I'll be annoying this thread with stupid questions soon. I currently use a Openbox S10 and one of the $22 X2-fta DVB-s Mini's. The $22 X2 is a helluva deal if all you want is to watch SD channels on galaxy 19.

BTW, the price on Amazon is now nearly $90!

You're welcome. Hope it works out.

Downloaded that new firmware yesterday, so far haven't noticed a lot of difference. I'm not interested in IPTV, so the changes they made there didn't affect me. They did change some menus a bit, one was the channel-editing page. Deleting channels works differently, but I didn't mind the way it was before. Looking now to find out if they broke anything, lol. So far, I have caught the volume level re-adjusting itself. I had mine set on 28 , out of possible 31 max, once yesterday it had changed down to 14 and I could hardly hear the audio until I figured that part out. But the scan still works ok, and seems very sensitive. If my 10' dish isn't exactly zeroed on a satellite I have had it suck in channels off an adjacent sat.

X2 Premuim HD Receiver

88 dollars on Amazon today. I have one of these that I bought for 56 dollars off of Amazon a few months back and it's definitely buggy. Sometimes the date/time is right, sometimes not. This receiver, sometimes when I move to a sat with USALS, it has good signal strength and quality but no picture until i power it off and then back on, my other two receivers don't do this. This problem started with the last firmware upgrade which made the clock almost right but caused this problem and added other unwanted crap. I'm going to go back to an old firmware that the motor control was ok in with no unwanted stuff but had bad clock, Apr 19, I believe. The firmware upgrades are frustrating, as someone else mentioned, I think, they fix something and break something else, or add crap that you don't want in there. It works and was worth the 56 dollars I paid but IMO it's not worth 88. The one nice thing is that it receives HD, DVB-S2, my other receivers are only SD. I'm looking to replace this receiver but haven't yet decided on/don't know what's good to replace it with. Another issue with mine is East and West are reversed in DiSEqC, you bump West and it goes East and vice versa, which isn't really a problem once i realized what it was doing.

I bought one from Amazon for $56 also. I had problems with the July firmware. I switched back to the June FW and have not had any issues since.

I only had 4 satellites programmed in and saved the user database ssu files for backup. I noticed after trying several different FW versions that the UD backups aren't always cross compatible with newer versions of FW. I would be careful if you have an extensive channel list created, you may need to rescan and replace it if you wanted to update periodically.

I only had 4 satellites programmed in and saved the user database ssu files for backup. I noticed after trying several different FW versions that the UD backups aren't always cross compatible with newer versions of FW. I would be careful if you have an extensive channel list created, you may need to rescan and replace it if you wanted to update periodically.

The newest August fw is compatible with previous channel lists

So far my favorite thing about the X2 receiver is the media player.

My son had copies of the Rick Mercer Reports programs I recorded over a year ago that I recorded with the microHD. I thought were lost to the fast forwarding blue screen issue that some of us ran into last year. Those recordings played on the PC fine but not the micro for whatever reason. Well, they play perfect on the X2 in the movie selection of the PVR. It stitches the TS files together with a quick blip and flle change message when it does. I'm glad I didn't delete all the programs.

Haven't noticed anything major yet with the latest firmware, been using it several days now. Mine still cuts the audio off on me, in mid-sentence sometimes, drives me crazy but nothing I have found fixes it. Usually only does it on AC3 audio channels like ME-TV, but it had done it a few times on Al Jazeera , before they bit the dust.
It has to be a bug in my box only, I haven't read anybody else complaining about this problem. It's funny because when the sound goes out on the spdif, its still working on the HDMI cable to tv ! Channel up/down fixes it for another 30minutes. Scanning ok with latest file, motor control I haven't tried yet. works good with 22khz switch & diseqc.
The July firmware has been the least problematic for me so far, I have gone back to it several times since I got the receiver.
It'll probably get a testing next weekend, if the football games start then.

An interesting discovery about the X2 today. I believe it is capable of picking up some of these new modulations, like 16PSK (is that the correct term?)
I thought I was getting some channels on 95W C-band, that I hadn't before, when using it, that my Vantage 1100 wouldn't scan in. I ran a blind scan on 95 with it, and it found 29 channels, lot of it was horse racing channels. Then I hooked up with the Vantage to the same 10' dish-it only found 19 channels. I don't know if there is a list of those higher modulation channels anyplace, perhaps if somebody has the information or equipment to determine, they could verify.

After some study on another site, I'm not so sure about the X2 and the 16apsk channels now. Some of the more technical followers of Rick have posted about finding some feeds on 95C that had a symbol rate of 1075, or something low like that. I haven't found any of those yet, but some receivers can see them if the transponder is entered manually then scanned. Might try it later to see, but I think they already had an X2 user that tried and got nothing. But then, some of them are using very small cband dishes too.

Hey pro96 can you confirm that the X2 will work on a 16apsk signal with a low symbol rate?

A video would be great!! :)
?

primestar31 said:
Do you know where such a signal can be found up and running? What sat and specs?

Not full time (boo) but there are some that come and go on 95 I can't confirm that I've never got the chance to see one. But hopefully we get the chance. Perhaps we can get a scheduled of wild feeds.

Do you know of any prime?

The more I think about It I believe it's Roberts sending up the ponies in 16apsk and since I'm a good old Kentucky boy I'm going to make a few calls and see if I can find out some info.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts