OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Ok, I was pm'ed 3 hrs ago while sleeping (I'm a night worker) with a lead for a 16apsk channel on 95W c-band: "There is a 16apsk feed up on 95w now.... 3968 V 1035"

Results:
MicroHD found it on a standard blindscan, 76% quality and locked but it has a blackscreen, no audio.

X2 HD: Can't even find it either on default blindscan, OR a transponder scan of that exact frequency and specs.

MicroHD won this particular shoot-out.

P.S. 10ft "Perfect 10" dish with orthomode feed, modified switch and Norsat 8115 lnb's. Located in Mid-Michigan. Also, I now have a horse-race video showing on this on the MicroHD. Still can't scan in on the X2 HD

Last edited:
I hope this stays up I want to try in about 2 hours.

With
RS-1933
HDVR-1200
DBS 6000

Haven't noticed anything major yet with the latest firmware, been using it several days now. Mine still cuts the audio off on me, in mid-sentence sometimes, drives me crazy but nothing I have found fixes it. Usually only does it on AC3 audio channels like ME-TV, but it had done it a few times on Al Jazeera , before they bit the dust.
It has to be a bug in my box only, I haven't read anybody else complaining about this problem. It's funny because when the sound goes out on the spdif, its still working on the HDMI cable to tv ! Channel up/down fixes it for another 30minutes. Scanning ok with latest file, motor control I haven't tried yet. works good with 22khz switch & diseqc.
The July firmware has been the least problematic for me so far, I have gone back to it several times since I got the receiver.
It'll probably get a testing next weekend, if the football games start then.

They fixed the channel editor. It now lets you move groups of channels. When changing satellites I lose video until I hit next channel button 2-3 times. After a few days, I went back to the June FW and all is well.

dogs chew em,kids lose them etc.

No dogs except one outside BIG watchdog. No kids except when the grand kids visit and they're stumped by the existing 6 remotes needed to watch TV. One wife who when she ever does decide to watch TV, usually does one of two things depending upon her mood: picks the remotes up one at a time and starts punching buttons thereby screwing up all the settings; or picks up one remote and asks for the thousandth time, "which one of these turn the TV on"?

Life is good in retirement!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

don't have that problem either,so I can pop the lids off everything and not have to worry about prying fingers/paws or urine damage.

OK so I've been looking in this thread off and on now for a while and I've about decided to try one of these "cheap" X2 Premium HD receivers. So I went looking on Newegg via that link that's in this thread and they appear to have sold out? Sellers on fleabay and Amazon got prices I don't like so I did a search and came up with this.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/X2-P...llite-Receiver-Special-Edition/735627817.html

Problem is it's coming from China and some of the shipping info states it might take 30 days to get here?? If I buy I'm not wanting to wait that long so does anyone know of a vendor here in the States with a price this good?

Thanks

OK so I've been looking in this thread off and on now for a while and I've about decided to try one of these "cheap" X2 Premium HD receivers. So I went looking on Newegg via that link that's in this thread and they appear to have sold out? Sellers on fleabay and Amazon got prices I don't like so I did a search and came up with this.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/X2-P...llite-Receiver-Special-Edition/735627817.html

Problem is it's coming from China and some of the shipping info states it might take 30 days to get here?? If I buy I'm not wanting to wait that long so does anyone know of a vendor here in the States with a price this good?

Thanks

It's essentially the same as the Geosat HDVR1200. I've got them both, the only difference I can see is the case design, layout of a couple of remote keys, and the menu layouts. They appear to function almost identically. My HDVR1200 has a problem when you delete all TP's from a Sat, it will pretty much always cause the receiver to freeze or lock up, but, pulling the power and re-powering it gets it working again. The X2 doesn't have that problem, and, I kinda like the remote layout and menus from the X2 better than those of the HDVR1200. Please correct me if I am mistaken about any of this, this is just from my experience and what I recall about using these 2 receivers.

I also have both. The 1200 has a better quality picture, but needs a software upgrade. There is no channel editor. The 1200 clock is superior.

JMHO
Norman

Best receiver I've ever had. Own 3 now. Gotta keep an eye at that site for one more.

Sent via X2 Premium HD

I also have both. The 1200 has a better quality picture, but needs a software upgrade. There is no channel editor. The 1200 clock is superior.

JMHO
Norman

I have a channel editor for the HDVR1200. PM if you would like :)

?

x2 squared hd receiver iptv

I noticed the new firmware says IPTV fully support. I saw the video that said load your url.txt list on the system and away you go. Well I have two things I would like to do. But I didn't know if somebody already talked about this yet or not.

1. I tried the current iptv channels and found they are in Japanese. Okay well that is fine. But no english sub titles and mostly children programming.
2. I tried to look for iptv urls and started getting into those shady websites. YUCK!.
3. It looks like you can stream your own IPTV stuff using the vcl media player.

So I'm just looking for a heads up. Maybe a point in the right way. Maybe a good list of legit iptv channels in english. Sound like a fun project to stream something from vcl media player.

I'll start searching around.

TTFN,

Josh

Good day!
PREMIUM II
Any questions ...
1. How to enter BISS codes (I type - can not remember to receiver)
2. How to update my_iptv through the server (not USB)
my_iptv_instruction_manual.pdf from x2sat
upp for server adress - I have no such option - no green button on the TV (server)
have somewhere to enter the server address ???
Thanks in advance for your answers!

Entering "codes" to receive scrambled programming without paying isn't talked about or tolerated on this site. IF there is a legitimate need to enter keys or something, I haven't seen anything on it here. Bypassing encryption is illegal in the US, there are other forums that probably talk about that stuff. As far as the IPTV thing, haven't tried that at all, the legitfta forum may have something about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts