X4 and W5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Genna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 19, 2009
New England
My X4 and W5 arent in synch (im not converted yet and no sub is working right now) Is there any way I can figure how to position X4 properly ? This forum would not allow me to do a search for "X4" or "W5",

http://www.skyvision.com/pages/FindingSatellites.pdf

Skyvisions instructions on finding satellites confused me .. says to go to G0 then to move it 40 or so clicks from G4 ?--->

5. Press OPTIONS 6-4-4 and select G0 satellite. Some older receivers may not have G0 in memory. Use G9 satellite instead. Press ENTER-GO BACK-ENTER to save this satellite in memory. Call up G0 or G9 satellite (whichever one you used). Go to channel 10.

6. Press OPTIONS 5 and after first confirming you are on LINE 1 (Dish Position), move the dish about 40 to 60 numbers to the right (West) from G4 satellite. Observe the QUALITY meter at bottom of screen. Once it registers a reading, fine tune LINE 1 (dish position) and LINE 2 (skew) back and forth until you get the highest quality reading possible.

Genna said:
My X4 and W5 arent in synch (im not converted yet and no sub is working right now) Is there any way I can figure how to position X4 properly ? This forum would not allow me to do a search for "X4" or "W5",

http://www.skyvision.com/pages/FindingSatellites.pdf

Skyvisions instructions on finding satellites confused me .. says to go to G0 then to move it 40 or so clicks from G4 ?--->

5. Press OPTIONS 6-4-4 and select G0 satellite. Some older receivers may not have G0 in memory. Use G9 satellite instead. Press ENTER-GO BACK-ENTER to save this satellite in memory. Call up G0 or G9 satellite (whichever one you used). Go to channel 10.

6. Press OPTIONS 5 and after first confirming you are on LINE 1 (Dish Position), move the dish about 40 to 60 numbers to the right (West) from G4 satellite. Observe the QUALITY meter at bottom of screen. Once it registers a reading, fine tune LINE 1 (dish position) and LINE 2 (skew) back and forth until you get the highest quality reading possible.

Taken from another post:

X4 is cband at the same location as W5 105. The X4 you have is the old Ku X4. Remove the settings and reprogramme X4 at the same location as W5 and then do a soft reset or unplug the receiver and let it sit on W5 216 to download the new X4 map.

Thanks Trinidex and Jim, Thank God i didn't mess around with where W5 was. I moved the X4 to where W5 was instead of vice versa, and the programming came on when I got a rehit today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)