X4 channel count changed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Looks like they changed the channel map on X4. The channel count is now 4767 and it looks like the HBO's are gone.

What count are others showing?

Yesterday noted count dropped from 6238 to 5277. Might not mean anything in this case and haven't checked today.

4767 on my 922 also.

There is a Soap channel 291 on X4 that is requiring a subscription although I have the Get-it-all Pack, is this one of the Hits channels as I am not seeing it listed with Skyvision or SRL?

Candid

4767 on my 922 also.

There is a Soap channel 291 on X4 that is requiring a subscription although I have the Get-it-all Pack, is this one of the Hits channels as I am not seeing it listed with Skyvision or SRL?

Candid

Soapnet is a channel HITS has but there are no contracts in place for it for C band. It is owned by ABC/ESPN/Disney they have not been very cool with us for years so NPS said (probably BS coming from NPS, they lied about everything). If that is the case I'm surprised we get Disney XD and ESPN Classic but we do. I get all the Disneys & ESPN's including Soapnet on DirecTV. Soapnet is changing to Disney Jr sometime this year. I guess they want to compete with Nick Jr.

Soapnet is changing to Disney Jr sometime this year. I guess they want to compete with Nick Jr.
actually its January 2012 when they are changing it

On May 26, 2010, Disney-ABC announced that SOAPnet will be closed sometime in January 2012 and be replaced completely with Disney Junior,

Soapnet is a channel HITS has but there are no contracts in place for it for C band. It is owned by ABC/ESPN/Disney they have not been very cool with us for years so NPS said (probably BS coming from NPS, they lied about everything). If that is the case I'm surprised we get Disney XD and ESPN Classic but we do. I get all the Disneys & ESPN's including Soapnet on DirecTV. Soapnet is changing to Disney Jr sometime this year. I guess they want to compete with Nick Jr.

What about the purchase of NBC by comcast to gain a 51% ownership, does that mean good news as far as the networks are concern and also USA, TNT etc?

Candid

actually its January 2012 when they are changing it

On May 26, 2010, Disney-ABC announced that SOAPnet will be closed sometime in January 2012 and be replaced completely with Disney Junior,

Ok thank's Ice, Disney is replacing Playhouse Disney in Feburary on the Disney channel with the Jr I saw a commercial for it.

Back to Soapnet I read someplace that to get Soapnet you have to take Disney it's part of their requirements. The Master is in DC, 4D compatible mode on G5. I think at one time Disney and ABC Family in that mux were going to happen for us since they both were mapped in then Disney removed. But nothing never happened. I would bet NPS played hard ball and blew the deal. :mad:

What about the purchase of NBC by comcast to gain a 51% ownership, does that mean good news as far as the networks are concern and also USA, TNT etc?

Candid

It's possible we could get USA if they really want. We already get Syfy and Sleuth and Bravo.

5064 on X4. W5 shows 5030 on same sat. :confused:
Not sure why but my old SRL sub hasn't crapped out yet, so I'm not messin' with it!
When my sub finally does go OC, I'll start up a new one on my 410 that's sharing the 7.5 footer with the 920 right now.
(Gotta go to Lowes tomorrow for some coax to run the 410 to the 5 footer) :)

4767 channels on both 4160 EMM converted 922 & 905. HBOs gone on these guides.
However, HBOs still on guide for my 410. 410 satellite icon in tuning is AI rather than X4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)