Xbox 360 Blu-ray console shipping by September?

Actually, looks like it'll take longer than I expected. Money talks.

So should we start a thread now: "MS no longer betting the farm on downloads" ?

Actually, looks like it'll take longer than I expected. Money talks.

So should we start a thread now: "MS no longer betting the farm on downloads" ?

LOL, they had HD-DVD remember?

Also remember the biggest hurdle for MS to have BD is Java. :D

Would have been more appropriate to say, MS no longer saying gaming consoles are for gaming, not playing BD movies, but I'll let you slide this time.

Amazing how when convenient we believe rumors from China. There is little chance of MS doing BD anytime soon because of Java. That aside I don’t see MS dumping a lot of resources into a niche format. If (big if) it turns out that BD replaces DVD then MS may incorporate BD into the X-Box 720.

Amazing how when convenient we believe rumors from China. There is little chance of MS doing BD anytime soon because of Java. That aside I don’t see MS dumping a lot of resources into a niche format. If (big if) it turns out that BD replaces DVD then MS may incorporate BD into the X-Box 720.

Weren't we supposed to get cheap Blu-Ray players from China at Wal-Mart this past Christmas? Rumors don't always pan out.

Weren't we supposed to get cheap Blu-Ray players from China at Wal-Mart this past Christmas? Rumors don't always pan out.

The big rumor was cheap HD-DVD at Wal-Mart this past Christmas. But of course that didn't happen either.

From Tom's
After months of rumors and denials, the XBOX 360 with a Blu-ray disc drive is due to be manufactured soon and shipped in Q3 of 2008.
Many expected the death of HD-DVD would trigger a growth in Blu-ray hardware sales.
However, to the dismay of the industry, acceptance and adoption of Blu-ray has been dismal.
This would be in the "Misery likes company" category...
And if Sony pays for everything it might have a non-zero chance to happen.

And btw, it comes from the same source (digitimes) that were talking about Lite-On doing business
with MS re: HD/BD drives since 2006... Lite-On, the OEM for Sony drives... Can anybody be that stupid?

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)