XBOX One Owners Thread

My kinect stopped working entirely during the technical preview :(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hmm maybe there is a problem with Kinect on the new OS then if you and Ramy are both experiencing issues.

I haven't really been using my Xbox One much since the new update came out so maybe I just haven't seen the problem yet. I've been playing Black Ops 3 on PS4 and PC games lately.

Looks like the Gears of war redemption codes are going out. I got them for the 2 Gears games I don't own.

Me too. Seems a little weird that they didn't just tie them to our accounts but I suppose this way you can give your code to someone else if you don't want it.

So last night I was slightly inebriated and got disinterested in Battlefront. I'll probably dive into it again, but of more relevance, I decided to try out the BC version of Gears of War 2 on my One.

I uploaded my old Gears 2 save to the cloud so that they could be pulled down. After this I tried to jump into a Horde game when I hit a roadblock. Apparently you need to download all DLC separately when you do BC on the One. It doesn't all come with you automatically, which is a unique design decision but not earth-shattering. So after I downloaded my DLC (which I HAD to do because the game literally wouldn't let me play otherwise) I created a Horde game and it wasn't long before other players joined in and I was in the middle of an old-school 5 player Horde match. And it was a LOT of fun. I was admittedly a little rusty, but we still got to about 13 waves in until the game pulled a real d*ck move (or maybe it was some sort of glitch) and all the enemies, rather than coming in through the level "entrances," spawned RIGHT in our stronghold. And this was like Boomers and Grinders that came up, so we did about as well as a stick of butter does in a microwave. After that I quit because it was getting late.

Overall the performance was good, but it wasn't without some hitches. It appears that the game really chugs when there's a lot of stuff going on. When guys were running and guns were firing, it wasn't uncommon to see the frame rate fall down into the upper teens. It was a little annoying, but not enough to where I'd give up all the other benefits of the One to go back to the 360 version.

So it looks like 360 emulation (as far as GoW 2 is concerned) isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn good. And it reinvigorated my love for classic Gears Horde, before GoW 3 tried to expand upon it and add in game purchases and blockades and all this other stuff that I really didn't care for. Hopefully people getting this game for free will bring some new blood to the player base. Almost everyone I played with were people with high levels like myself, who I bet were like me and redeemed their code and fired up the game to check it out.

I was about to post and ponder about why EA Access doesn't have BC games in it, as it seems like a no brainer to sell subscriptions. Turns out something may already be in the works.

Has anyone noticed since the new update that the XB1 takes an INSUFFERABLE amount of time to boot up? I have the quick start mode on, but it takes a good 45 seconds to a minute for the damn thing to be completely ready.

Has anyone noticed since the new update that the XB1 takes an INSUFFERABLE amount of time to boot up? I have the quick start mode on, but it takes a good 45 seconds to a minute for the damn thing to be completely ready.

I think the only time I've used my Xbox One since the new dash came out is when we played Gears 2 Horde Mode. I haven't noticed the slow boot up but I haven't really been using the system enough lately to know if it's a problem.

Don't think we've noticed because we have a crappy hr34 that is slow as hell.

That and we just say 'Xbox on' while doing other things and it's on when it's on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)