XBOX One Owners Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's the reason I prefer physical copies, that and I can loan them to friends or let my kids use them on their console without playing activation games.
I was surprised this year when I took few of my old games and traded all of them and got around $80 since gamestop was giving like a bonus credit if your traded in so many games and it was worth it.

And yes letting friends borrow the game is neat especially single player games. Microsoft was gonna lock discs to System specific but because they got so much negative backlash they chalked that idea real quick.

I do hope they add a system where I can tell the Xbox to do stuff without headphones now that the Kinect is getting phased out.

Overall the console runs very smooth, played some Madden 18 last night and felt the graphics looked much sharper on the Xbox one X.
I got assassins creed that I am gonna play this evening, that game is Xbox one x enhanced.

F9DCDED7-52FA-4AFE-9747-2299DC36FCB6.jpeg

I do hope they add a system where I can tell the Xbox to do stuff without headphones now that the Kinect is getting phased out.
I just picked up a kinect for cheap. Though I find myself rarely using the voice function, it is nice to be able to use the kinect mic for multiplayer games. The oldest boy uses it a lot for that (same with the ps4 camera).

Player Unknown's Battle Ground, a game famous for both its high player base and its awful performance on PC, has just been released on Xbox One. Unsurprisingly, it also has awful performance on the console.

It's the first day of early access so there is hope that things will be improved before launch. Even for early access it seems insane that they put this out in this state. The entire landing sequence that took about 30 seconds ran between 10 and 15 FPS. That is unplayable.

Luckily things improve once you are on the ground but the original Xbox One and Xbox One S still seem to be sub 20 FPS most of the time and even the $500 Xbox One X can't maintain a solid 30 FPS. It certainly is much closer to 30 FPS while looking significantly better but it's still not great. Console players might want to stick to the free to play Fortnight Battle Royale mode until this is worked out. I wouldn't spend $30 for something that runs this poorly.

I haven't played the PC version in a while but I plan to give it a try sometime this week and again next week when the game comes officially comes out of early access on that platform. The PC version doesn't have great performance for the level of graphics quality in this game but you can brute force it to get a playable game. With my i5 and 1070 I think I got about 60-70 FPS at 1440p when I played it this summer. Anyone with more modest hardware is really going to struggle with this game.

This 60-70 FPS is about the same level of performance as I get in the Witcher 3 which is pretty laughable considering that is one of the best looking games I have ever played and PUBG is kind of ugly. I will say that this game can be very fun and the visuals don't really take anything away from it though.

The bigger problem with the PC version is how often the servers are unbelievably laggy. They also have a terrible problem with cheaters. I don't run into this at my skill level but look at any of the high level streamers of this game on Twitch and you will see that it is very common. People are running speed hacks and aimbots to completely ruin the game for anyone at that level of play. From what I can tell so far it doesn't seem like the developers have done anything to shut this down.

So this is pretty cool. Microsoft has put together this "year in review" website to give you some stats on what you played on your Xbox One this year. Mine isn't that interesting because I used my Xbox much less than my PC and PS4 and two of my top five most played games were 360 backwards compatible titles (Catherine and Spelunky). It's still interesting to see though and I kind of wish Sony and Steam had something similar. Here is a screenshot of mine. Click the link to see yours.

Year In Review 2017 | Xbox

2017-12-15.png

upload_2017-12-17_18-49-34.png

I'd love to see a PSN version of this, given how much of that I played. I mean 2017 was a good year overall for gaming but the fact that Bulletstorm was my #2 played game shows how little I used the Xbox One this year.

So this is pretty cool. Microsoft has put together this "year in review" website to give you some stats on what you played on your Xbox One this year. Mine isn't that interesting because I used my Xbox much less than my PC and PS4 and two of my top five most played games were 360 backwards compatible titles (Catherine and Spelunky). It's still interesting to see though and I kind of wish Sony and Steam had something similar. Here is a screenshot of mine. Click the link to see yours.

Year In Review 2017 | Xbox

View attachment 129855
Nice, but I can already guess what mine will say.

90% ESPN, 9% AMC. :D

Since I don't have cable/satellite, I use the Xbox App to watch those (I use my dad's cable login, which I pay for, since he's doesn't have good OTA coverage where he lives). For games I generally use the PS4.

Sadly I don't think it tracks app time, because if it did then HBO Go should have been on mine as my wife and I used it quite a bit to binge and catch up on Game of Thrones.

The Xbox used to be my main streaming device too. The 4K TV I bought has Roku built in so I just download whatever streaming apps I want on that now. The only exception is the rare occasion when I want to watch something on Twitch since the Roku's Twitch app is terrible. The Xbox One S is working well for me as a 4K Blu-ray player though.

If anyone is interested in a budget 4K TV upgrade the one I bought is the TCL 55P607. It's one of the cheapest sets that supports Dolby Vision HDR, It's picture quality ranks much higher than anything else in it's price range on sites like CNET and AVS Forum, the built in Roku is much better than most other brands' smart apps, and it has low latency for gamers. Basically if you aren't willing to move all the way up to an LG OLED this is a pretty good option at a budget price. I should also say that I got mine on sale for $600.

Amazon product ASIN B06Y6FSV5Q

Sadly I don't think it tracks app time, because if it did then HBO Go should have been on mine as my wife and I used it quite a bit to binge and catch up on Game of Thrones.
yeah, I looked at mine, and it hardly showed any usage. It had a few hours of minecraft when my youngest forgot to switch users, and that's about it.

The Xbox used to be my main streaming device too. The 4K TV I bought has Roku built in so I just download whatever streaming apps I want on that now. The only exception is the rare occasion when I want to watch something on Twitch since the Roku's Twitch app is terrible. The Xbox One S is working well for me as a 4K Blu-ray player though.
I've considered a roku in the past, but didn't want yet another device going to the main tv, especially since Microsoft is very good at making sure everything is covered.

I've considered a roku in the past, but didn't want yet another device going to the main tv, especially since Microsoft is very good at making sure everything is covered.

Oh definitely. The Xbox One is a very good streaming device. I don't think there is much reason to go out and buy a dedicated streaming device If you already have one of those hooked up to your TV. I'm sure the PS4 is fine too but I've never really used that as a streaming device myself.

If I had a different "smart TV" I would probably still be using my Xbox One S to stream. Most of my experience with smart TV apps has been bad. They run slowly, don't have many apps available, and they rarely get updated so they are sometimes buggy. The brand I have just happens to have a full blown Roku built in. It can do anything a standalone Roku can and it feels just as fast as the Roku Premiere+ I have in my bedroom. There is no point in switching inputs, booting up the Xbox, and using a controller instead of the TV remote.

Oh definitely. The Xbox One is a very good streaming device. I don't think there is much reason to go out and buy a dedicated streaming device If you already have one of those hooked up to your TV. I'm sure the PS4 is fine too but I've never really used that as a streaming device myself.
It's okay on the services both PS4 and Xbox have, but Microsoft has made sure to have dozens more than Sony.

Right now PS4's ESPN app is pretty new, and still behind the Xbox one in terms of ease of use, plus the PS4 doesn't have AMC and several others.

Xbox Game Pass Expands To Include New Releases From Microsoft Studios

This is pretty huge news that will get me to use my Xbox and Windows 10 store much more often. Starting with Sea of Thieves all Xbox exclusive Microsoft Studios games will be included in Xbox Game Pass day one. For those that don't know Games Pass is a $10 per month subscription service that currently includes 164 games. Up until this announcement they were mostly older games but there was still a ton of great stuff that makes it a really good deal for people who are new to Xbox.

I have looked at the Games Pass list lots of times and been close to signing up. Knowing that I will basically never have to buy another Xbox game is going to get me to finally pull the trigger. A side benefit is that all the Play Anywhere games included in Game Pass can also be played on PC through the Windows 10 store. Here is the full list of currently included games. Halo Wars 2 and 7 more games are being added next month too.

Yeah, I haven't had a need for Game Pass as much as I liked the idea of it already. If they support Play Anywhere (and ReCore does) then could even see a lot of PC gamers signing up.

There are a few other Play Anywhere titles that are part of Game Pass too. I don't know all of them off the top of my head but I know Halo Wars: Definitive Edition and Zoo Tycoon are. I signed up for the free trial today since I never bothered before. If I get a chance tonight I'll try to check out the Windows 10 store and make sure they are available to me. I'm hoping (and expecting) to be able to play all the big exclusives on my PC through Game Pass going forward. Even If I had to play them on Xbox for some reason I think it would be worth it for me.

One thing that is a little surprising to me is they haven't gone back and added all of the Microsoft Studios games that were released in the past yet. They have said that all future Microsoft Studios games will be included and most of the older games are already available but Halo Master Chief Collection and all of the Forza games are currently missing. I have to think that will be changing soon since all the new games in those series will be added day one.

I own all of those so it's harder for me to test that kind of thing ;)

I think you get 20% off anything that's in the Game Pass catalog, that basically brings the Best Buy Gamer program to digital if that is still a thing when these AAA titles hit Game Pass. Not super familiar with it.

I own all of those so it's harder for me to test that kind of thing ;)

I own Gears 4 and the Forza games but I don't have Recore, Halo Wars, or Zoo Tycoon. Halo Wars is a game I actually want to play and RTS makes more sense on PC so that will be my test.

I think you get 20% off anything that's in the Game Pass catalog, that basically brings the Best Buy Gamer program to digital if that is still a thing when these AAA titles hit Game Pass. Not super familiar with it.

I don't think that is even limited to titles that are in the Game Pass catalogue. The main Game Pass page says subscribers get 20% off Xbox One game purchases and 10% off add-ons. I think that applies to everything in the digital store. I was excited about this too because I currently use Amazon's 20% off new games for Prime members deal pretty often even though I strongly prefer to buy my games digitally. The fine print at the bottom of the Game Pass page says this doesn't apply to games within 30 days of release though. That is still a nice perk, especially if it stacks on top of other sales, but it is a limitation that doesn't apply to Amazon or Best Buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts