XBOX One Owners Thread

I''ll definitely play Bayonetta since I never got around to buying the new PC version. I'll probably play some more Trials Fusion as well since I liked that game when I briefly had access to it with Gamefly.

Xbox One games will now use Intelligent Delivery, which allows for better customization of storage of games. It's a bit complicated, but basically it should prevent unnecessary installs, like installing 4K assets on a standard Xbox One. It also will allow for better multi-disc game support.

Xbox One’s ‘Intelligent Delivery’ system will free up hard drive space

It sounds like a good idea to me but hopefully you can pick your preferred settings and have this done automatically. The article says players can delete bits they don't need like foreign language tracks and 4K textures.

A better option would be to let me mark that I only need English language tracks and 1080p textures on a system level and not download the foreign tracks and 4K textures in the first place. Doing it this way would improve download times and save players from having to micromanage this stuff on a game by game basis.

Games with Gold for October have been announced. Not a bad lineup but not exactly noteworthy either.

I've heard that the Turing Test is good. I bought it during the Steam Summer Sale but haven't played it yet. Gone Home is excellent but I could have sworn it was already offered in Games With Gold at some point. Maybe I'm thinking of PS Plus or the 17 copies I own on PC from various Humble Bundles.

I've heard that the Turing Test is good. I bought it during the Steam Summer Sale but haven't played it yet. Gone Home is excellent but I could have sworn it was already offered in Games With Gold at some point. Maybe I'm thinking of PS Plus or the 17 copies I own on PC from various Humble Bundles.

You're thinking of PS+. It was offered back in June 2016.

I really enjoyed that game too. I'm curious to try the new game that the same team made (which name alludes me ATM)

Tacoma. I feel slightly bad about this given how much I liked Gone Home but I'm staying far away from Tacoma for the time being. Seeing Gone Home on sale so often at about $2.50 and seeing it featured in Humble Bundles, PS Plus, and now Games With Gold makes me leery about spending anywhere close to the $20 they are asking for Tacoma right now.

That's probably the wrong message to send to a developer I like and want to see more from but like I said, I own about 17 copies of Gone Home now. I expect to see lots of discounts on Tacoma, especially because it isn't getting nearly as much buzz as Gone Home did.

So, this is happening..

I'd argue they're about 2 years too late on this, but I'm up for them finally FIXING this thing. I played a round of Halo 1 Wizard last night and it was like being back in college again. Lots of fun, but the big issue with the game right now is that it's WAY too hard to get to the fun parts due to the broken matchmaking.

Edit: Some are speculating that part of the announcement is that the games are coming to PC. Maybe that is in the works, but I don't get that message from this announcement.

Even with the problems this is still a great bundle that I don’t regret buying at all. I played a decent amount of multiplayer and I had fun finally playing through Halo 4 and replaying some of the other campaigns. I’ve still never played through ODST and I can see myself playing that at some point too now that they included it as an apology.

The way the multiplayer launched was an absolute disaster and I don’t want to excuse that but this is still Halo 1-4 Plus ODST on current gen hardware. Also, I haven’t played the multiplayer in quite a while but I remember it finally working well enough for me not to take issue with it before I quit playing.

The Xbox is getting an officially licensed mouse and keyboard. Given the price though, I'd argue you'd be better served just putting the money towards a PC..

Xbox One KBM Officially Licensed Keyboard & Mouse is Launching Soon

Or you could just buy a cheaper USB mouse and keyboard. Unless there is something I'm missing I don't think Microsoft ever said you had to use specific parts. Still I can't see myself ever bothering to plug a mouse and keyboard into my Xbox. If I want to control a game that way I'll just play it on PC.

Or you could just buy a cheaper USB mouse and keyboard. Unless there is something I'm missing I don't think Microsoft ever said you had to use specific parts. Still I can't see myself ever bothering to plug a mouse and keyboard into my Xbox. If I want to control a game that way I'll just play it on PC.
It doesn't work that way. You need something to "map" the buttons/commands from the KB/M to the Xbox. If you plug in a Mouse and KB to the USB ports nothing will happen because the Xbox can't understand the commands.

Apparently there are some cheaper alternatives already on the market
, but keep in mind that these are simply the "translators", so you still need to BYOKBM. This thing that is coming is basically everything in 1 package, so it would be almost an equivalent price. Also I have to imagine the officially licensed one is a lot easier to configure.

It doesn't work that way. You need something to "map" the buttons/commands from the KB/M to the Xbox. If you plug in a Mouse and KB to the USB ports nothing will happen because the Xbox can't understand the commands.

Apparently there are some cheaper alternatives already on the market
, but keep in mind that these are simply the "translators", so you still need to BYOKBM. This thing that is coming is basically everything in 1 package, so it would be almost an equivalent price. Also I have to imagine the officially licensed one is a lot easier to configure.

According that article it sounds like those translator devices are just a temporary solution. They claim that Microsoft is building official support into the console. They just haven't released that update yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)