XBOX One Owners Thread

If I tell you that I am selling a box of rocks, and you pay $15,000 in an open bid expecting a box of money, then admitting you knew that I said I was selling a box of rocks, then thats you (not you you, but you know :) ).

I havent seen the listing, but if it is clearly stated, he should take his lumps for taking a gamble, or for being stupid. Now if the listing were misleading that is another issue all together, but the buyer never mentioned it was, he just said that he took a chance (i am using my own words).

eBay needs to protect the integrity of its site. The listing was clearly meant to mislead, to scam customers, and eBay has a responsibility to protect customers against such practices if they want people to have confidence in eBay being a trustworthy marketplace. Sure, the kid had rose colored glasses on, but given the circumstances (how could any legitimate seller be selling a photo of product for that amount of money?) and my trust that I would be protected by eBay/PayPal from fraudulent transactions, I might have pulled the trigger myself if I was that desperate for a console.
"Scams" like this are nothing new. I remember when Wiis were in high demand that people would sell just the box of the Wii and nothing else for $200+. There is a bit of caveat emptor in this, but at the same time when you're making a post like that, you're clearly trying to rip someone off, so I don't have any sympathy for them either. No one likes to be the victim of fraud or sneakiness. To me, the guy who wasn't smart enough to put together this was a scam is not to blame as much as the guy who said, "Okay, I'm going to do this in hopes that I make a lot of money at the expense of someone who isn't smart." This could have happened to someone who was mentally challenged, and if that was the case we'd probably be calling for the seller's head, as opposed to saying "Well, he stated in the description that it was just a photo." I don't care much for those who have evil intent like this seller did.

Apparently if you can find a Xbone at Costco you can get a slight discount..

yNd7FJC.jpg

If I tell you that I am selling a box of rocks, and you pay $15,000 in an open bid expecting a box of money, then admitting you knew that I said I was selling a box of rocks, then thats you (not you you, but you know :) ).

If the box of rocks was correctly listed under the "Gardening/Landscaping" category (or where ever one would reasonably expect to find such a product), and your listing said "Box of Rocks" and you included a picture and description of a box of rocks, and then I purchased it thinking it was a box of money, then yes, that's on me. ;)

Since I got my dell venue 8 pro, I've enjoyed the one alot more. Even hooked my DirecTV back to it.

Something for you One owners to consider...

A: You only have 362 GB available for games.

B: Upgrading your HDD voids the warranty and is also more complicated than it sounds.

Better hope that that "promised" external capability comes sooner rather than later.

Yeah. I immediately put a 1TB drive in the PS4 and I would like to do the same with the Xbox One. Ill never do it though. The PS4 was actually easier than my recent SSD switch on my gaming PC. The Xbox process is pretty intimidating and we still don't know if there will be some kind of red ring of death problem in a couple months. It would be stupid to void the warranty on new hardware like that.

I'm guessing they will allow EHDs by mid year as a few power users start to hit the memory ceiling.

EHD support is great. I prefer an internal drive though. Space and power outlets are both scarce in my entertainment center. I like the clean look of the system without the extra clutter. If I could easily swap the drive in my Xbox One without voiding the warranty I would. Since I can't I will probably just live with the space on the standard drive.

I'm guessing they will allow EHDs by mid year as a few power users start to hit the memory ceiling.
For how much? And with they let you use a standard eSATA or USB-3 drive? Or will it have to be a proprietary (ie overpriced) drive, like they did with the internal on the 360?

For how much? And with they let you use a standard eSATA or USB-3 drive? Or will it have to be a proprietary (ie overpriced) drive, like they did with the internal on the 360?
It's USB 3. There's little reason to believe they'd be proprietary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts