XBOX One Owners Thread

I just got home and hooked up my sons XBOX One...

The only thing I can't figure out is how to change the name shown on his XBOX Live account as it says Welcome Scott instead of Welcome Richard.

Before everyone in the house was on a family account, now all the accounts say Welcome Scott but show the correct avatars and info for those accounts.

I think the name comes from the Microsoft account associated with your game tag.

As for the Welcome, Kinect recognizes your face and the shape of your body automatically. You can have several users logged in to The Xbox, but whoever shows up in front of the Kinect's eye first - that person will get the welcome and the Home screen will be shown with that user's preferences.

So how would you get to your DVR recordings if you have your DirecTV or Dish DVR connected to your Xbox one?

I don't know if OneGuide can integrate any recordings from the DVR. I think only live satellite channels and also recordings stored on or offered through the Xbox itself, as well as streaming app-channels.

No one here hit with the broken Blu Ray drive? Not sure how wide spread the issue is. Mine is "shipping now" from Amazon. I see Walmart has some One games for $49. I plan to pick up Fifa 14 today. Most likely DR3 for xmas.

Well, I'm at an impasse. I can get my 722 to passthrough the signal, but I can't get it to change channels from the XBox. I know the 722 is set to receive IR as I have the RF receiver to IR blaster unit sending signals to it. Due to my room configuration, kinect signal can't get over to equipment stack in corner. Hooked up an IR blaster but that isn't working either. Have the receiver settings set at VIP722. Have any other 722 owners got it to work with theirs?

I don't know if OneGuide can integrate any recordings from the DVR. I think only live satellite channels and also recordings stored on or offered through the Xbox itself, as well as streaming app-channels.
Nope, need access to the receiver like a GoogleTV/ViP-series combo does. MS needs to work on that. Dish needs to give them access to the Hopper API. At the moment though, there are bigger fish to fry.

No one here hit with the broken Blu Ray drive? Not sure how wide spread the issue is. Mine is "shipping now" from Amazon. I see Walmart has some One games for $49. I plan to pick up Fifa 14 today. Most likely DR3 for xmas.
Tested a TNG Blu Ray last night, looks great. I think the sound mix isn't nearly as chotic than when I watch it on my PS3. I have the Dolby Digital dynamic range control setting set to AUTO but I don't know if that really does anything. I think the sound coming from my Hopper is louder than when I run it normal though my AVR.

I just got home and hooked up my sons XBOX One...

The only thing I can't figure out is how to change the name shown on his XBOX Live account as it says Welcome Scott instead of Welcome Richard.

Before everyone in the house was on a family account, now all the accounts say Welcome Scott but show the correct avatars and info for those accounts.

You can change the Name on this page: (Look under motto)
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/GamerProfile

I solved the receiver control issue. Moved the 722 further forward and turned at a slight angle. Then turned the Kinect at a slight angle. It all works now and saying "Xbox Watch CNN".works to change the channel now. Also, got the XB1 to output a DTS signal to my av teceiver. Found a setting in the settings menu and all sounds great now and the DTS symbol lights up again.

Been loading apps now. Hulu, amazon, fitness, etc. nice package for the early adopters. They need to get the arcade store open. I'd love to be able to play my WSOP app on it which should be an easy port, and cross generation interaction wouldn't be too hard I would imagine.

Just remember folks.. these bugs are part of the growing pains of the One. M$ is DYING to get this thing in every house possible, so they know they need it to get this stuff working 100%. I'm willing to bet at this time next year, people will forget all about these early adopter bugs.

...hopefully..

This voice command cheat sheet may come in handy.

. vrpWKqK.png

Well a few days after the launch of the respective consoles and I've made my choice to go with the Xbox One. Should have it Tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Well a few days after the launch of the respective consoles and I've made my choice to go with the Xbox One. Should have it Tuesday.

Where did you order from? I've been considering buying one and probably would have if I saw one. I haven't seen any in stock online or in stores though. I'm likely going to have to wait until after Christmas.

Well first I kept checking online.

Saw them listed in Stock at my local wal mart.

Made the trip, not in the case. Asked the guy working and those were only for Black Friday.

Even a cash offer, they won't sell. Which makes no sense to me. It's in stock. I have the money, the same amount they get next friday, and no. OK. At least update the website to note such.

So anyway, Craigslist. Guy I know had two. Got one for what it would cost online plus shipping.

Win win.

And screw you wal mart. Lol.

While there may be stores in some places with some on hand, there certainly are not any locally. Nor are either consoles available online outside of ebay (last I checked).

You can change the Name on this page: (Look under motto)
https://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/GamerProfile
I checked that out and it says his correct name there (Richard) yet when he logs in on his XBOX One it says "Welcome Scott" instead of "Welcome Richard".

What is kind of spooky is I was playing on his XBOX One yesterday (I have not hooked mine up yet) and downloaded Netflix. When Netflix was done installing I went into Netflix and it was automatically logged into my Netflix account... I didn't even need to log in. I thought that was a little creapy. Especially since his Xbox Live account is not the account email address for Netflix.

I checked that out and it says his correct name there (Richard) yet when he logs in on his XBOX One it says "Welcome Scott" instead of "Welcome Richard".

What is kind of spooky is I was playing on his XBOX One yesterday (I have not hooked mine up yet) and downloaded Netflix. When Netflix was done installing I went into Netflix and it was automatically logged into my Netflix account... I didn't even need to log in. I thought that was a little creapy. Especially since his Xbox Live account is not the account email address for Netflix.

It seems to be hit or miss..... Hulu Plus automatically loaded me (I'm guessing my microsoft email address had migrated over the settings from my 360 accounts). I don't use Netflix, so I assume they had a similar setup. All of the other apps, including ones that I had used on the 360, required me to go through the activation process again.

The biggest disappointment was the NFL app. I had hoped to enter in my fantasy football team to track while watching Redzone. It turns out that they will only allow you to track teams maintained through the NFL.COM fantasy football site. My yahoo team is SOL. As a workaround, MS should try to nudge them to allow you to enter a team built on another source to let you track. Even if the scoring is a little different, just seeing the raw stats would be useful snapped to the right on the screen.

On the good news front, you can stream the redzone channel directly through your internet connection. With the weather getting hinkier in the months to come, this could be a great backup if rain or snow inhibit the satellite signal.

Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

If I have read correctly, you can download the games with the One. Be it new big titles (say Call of Duty), or arcade games.

If that is so, what is the advantage of buying the physical disc? They both install to the hard drive to play, and downloading saves you a trip to the store.
Now I know some will buy the disc because of internet limitations, but is that basically the only advantage?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)