XBOX One Owners Thread

Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

If I have read correctly, you can download the games with the One. Be it new big titles (say Call of Duty), or arcade games.

If that is so, what is the advantage of buying the physical disc? They both install to the hard drive to play, and downloading saves you a trip to the store.
Now I know some will buy the disc because of internet limitations, but is that basically the only advantage?

Trading the games in when you are done?

Ramp nailed the primary advantage. You can also take the disc with you to a friends house or loan it to them when you are done. That won't work with a download unless you take the whole console with you.

Trading the games in when you are done?

Good point.

I think to me the convenience of getting it now (or as now as your internet speed will let you) would outweigh that advantage. I still have nearly every one of the handful of games that I have bought over the past 10 years.

I don't have my Xbox yet but I'm going all download for the games I buy on PS4. Features like quick switching only work if the game is downloaded or the disk is in your drive. I'm done switching disks and having entire bookshelves filled with game cases. Plus with remote play I can play any of the games I downloaded away from home instead of just whatever happens to be in the drive. If you do run out of space deleting games is no big deal. You can download them again as many times as you want. I put a 1TB drive in my PS4 to make sure I had plenty of space. External USB drive support is coming soon for Xbox One so that should take care of a lot of the problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ramp nailed the primary advantage. You can also take the disc with you to a friends house or loan it to them when you are done. That won't work with a download unless you take the whole console with you.

You don't have to take the console with you. All you need to do is login with your gamertag on their Xbox.

I noticed I can't say "Xbox watch Science Channel"

Whenever I do it takes me to the SyFi Channel. :(

Try adding the science channel to your Xbox favorites list. I hear that helps the kinect prioritize problem channels for voice recognition.

I don't have my Xbox yet but I'm going all download for the games I buy on PS4. Features like quick switching only work if the game is downloaded or the disk is in your drive. I'm done switching disks and having entire bookshelves filled with game cases. Plus with remote play I can play any of the games I downloaded away from home instead of just whatever happens to be in the drive. If you do run out of space deleting games is no big deal. You can download them again as many times as you want. I put a 1TB drive in my PS4 to make sure I had plenty of space. External USB drive support is coming soon for Xbox One so that should take care of a lot of the problems.

The problem with that is that the digital games (for consoles) don't seem to come on sale as often as the disc version of the games.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was going to say that remains to be seen now that Amazon has PSN codes but as we can already see... a bunch of titles at $49 but PSN codes still full price.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So don't plan on playing right away huh? The download didn't take long.

Installing a game off of a discount though is slow, or at least at first and for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I must say I am really enjoying the Xbox One so far! Glad I went with Xbox, not PS4. I really like the pass-through video capability and the TV integration, from now on this will be the permanent setup in the living room. Love Skype with its automatic zoom feature. Having fun with voice commands and hand gestures. Kinect is a very important part of the whole experience, so I see why Microsoft insisted on its inclusion. The only missing feature is the 3D support. Hopefully it will be enabled in the future.

I am pleased so far, once I finally got it all up and running.

The tv integration and voice commands have alot of potential, but for now, its just glitchy enough to make me annoyed from time to time. Ill leave it hooked up as you can still use it with the remote and I see little disadvantage to leaving it that way for now.

Sorry that I haven't posted earlier, I have been having way too much fun on my XB1. No issues here and I am loving the games as well as the tv intergration. Voice control can be a fickle at times but I understand that it will get better with future updates. The DD issue is really a non issue as my audio receiver can get uncompressed anyhow so it gets all 7.1 channels passed through. The XBOX record that feature is awesome!

I fully recommend it for anyone who is looking for a gaming machine. I have had mine sense the 22nd and mine is a Day one Machine.

One of our XBOX Ones is having trouble with video passthrough.

When I hook the DISH Joey up to it it works fine, until I shut the Xbox One Off (by saying XBOX TURN OFF) then when I turn it back on and try watching TV I get an error that initializing TV has timed out. If I try going into the TV settings the same thing happens.

If I unhook the HDMI cable from the Joey to the XBOX I can then get into the settings. I then plug the HDMI cable in and go into setting and I can see video from the Joey... however the Joey keeps rebooting itself.

I swapped out HDMI cables, and the Joey works fine direct to the TV.

My other XBOX One is hooked up the same way and works fine. I am not sure if I got a bad XBOX one or not.

My son's day one edition just arrived. I'll wait until he gets home from school to open, once it's his belated 16th B-day present.
So far so good. All hooked up and he's playing Fifa 14. I have a dumb TV question. He has a 720p set that accepts a 1080p signal, Toshiba Regza 37hl67.
Is there any extra conversion going on? Xbone auto set the display settings to 1080p. Working fine. Just not sure I should set it to 720p, which is what the tv is.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts