XBOX One Owners Thread

Guess this flew under the radar but the action hit Bayonetta is now BC on Xbox One. And like some recent additions, the One version appears to be the best one now.

If you haven't played this game, it really is worth a look. The action is second to none. VERY intense and fun. It'd be quite a coup for this to be free next month, but even so at $20 it's a great deal. Sucks that the sequel is stuck on the Wii U.

Reactions: fireponcoal
Yeah, I remember seeing this on Twitter. I will play it once it goes on sale or gets offered in Games With Gold. It's not that $20 is a bad price. I just have no business buying another backlog game at full price right now.

Hopefully those clubs are better implemented then the PS4 version. I'm thinking it will be because seemingly everything Xbox has done with the One as far as the OS is concerned has been better in just about every way. I'm new around these parts but I'd be into a Satguys club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We could set one up but I'd be surprised if it actually got people to group up and play games together. When me and yourbeliefs have tried to get people together in the past, even for things that wouldn't cost any money like the free Overwatch weekend that just took place, we never get any interest. I'm all for anything that brings more activity to the video game section on these forums though.

Hopefully those clubs are better implemented then the PS4 version. I'm thinking it will be because seemingly everything Xbox has done with the One as far as the OS is concerned has been better in just about every way. I'm new around these parts but I'd be into a Satguys club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a product of MS being a software company and Sony being a CE company imo.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We could set one up but I'd be surprised if it actually got people to group up and play games together. When me and yourbeliefs have tried to get people together in the past, even for things that wouldn't cost any money like the free Overwatch weekend that just took place, we never get any interest. I'm all for anything that brings more activity to the video game section on these forums though.
I second King's sentiment. I mean I remember years ago it was common for us to play games together. We would play Call of Duty and Halo quite a bit, but then something happened and the games just seemed to stop. Could have been that people just didn't want to play with me anymore (a valid complaint) but all I know is that this whole section of the forum used to be a lot more active, and now it just seems to be mainly populated by a half dozen or so contributors. I wonder if an issue is that people don't know about this forum. It is pretty low in the listings on the main forum page. But also looking below I see quite a few thread viewers, but again very few contributors. I'd love to have a vibrant community which could then lead to a fun Club, but that's up to others at this point. I'm always up for playing with friends or people I have some sort of repertoire with. Better than having to play with complete strangers.

What say you Scott Greczkowski ? Can you think of any ways to make this part of SatGuys more participatory to where a Club would be successful? I mean we got a lot of members to do Folding@Home, and that wasn't even a game. With this we could actually have fun (not to say that Folding@Home isn't a worthy project.)

I got to admit, I don't play games. (my kids however do!)

So I really don't have any ideas, but I will let you be the games leader to come up with ideas, and if there is a way I can promote it to the members to get involved I will do my best. :D

I mean I remember years ago it was common for us to play games together. We would play Call of Duty and Halo quite a bit, but then something happened and the games just seemed to stop. Could have been that people just didn't want to play with me anymore (a valid complaint)
Yeah, you played several with Tiger, Hifi, Cybok, and myself. It was nothing against any other member, I just do not play nearly as much as I used to. Occasionally Cybock and I will get in a game of COD, but until this past weekend it had been months.

Maybe we will catch you online again sometime.

I got to admit, I don't play games. (my kids however do!)

So I really don't have any ideas, but I will let you be the games leader to come up with ideas, and if there is a way I can promote it to the members to get involved I will do my best. :D

Well Steam, PSN, and now Xbox Live have groups/clubs. It would be easy enough to set up a Sat Guys group on all of them so that members can see what other members are playing and group up to play together if they see that they are playing some of the same games. I'm just not sure how useful it would be since I already have several Sat Guys on my various friends lists and yourbeliefs is the only one I have ever played a game with.

The video games section actually is pretty active here when you consider how few members regularly post in it but I doubt we would get more than 3 or 4 people in any of these groups if we did make them.

The only idea I have that could bring some activity to this section (with Scott Greczkowski help) while also doing some actual good for the world would be to organize an Extra Life stream. We could plan out a 24 hour live-stream with different members taking different shifts and maybe spend a portion of it playing something together. Of course, this only helps if people tune into the stream and donate.

For those who don't know, Extra Life is an organization that raises money for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. Basically people commit to streaming themselves and their friends playing video games for 24 straight hours with the hope that people will tune in and donate. According to their website $22 million has been donated to children's hospitals since it started in 2008.
http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1095

I will let you be the games leader

Maybe we could make this be a part of something new, like a "Forum of the month" thing that draws attention to lesser known areas of SatGuys. The Video Games forum could be first, and then whatever other ones you deem fit could be next. It could help users learn about new parts of the site they may not have been aware of and contribute. You'd be amazed how often people ignore stuff simply because they're not aware of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)