XBOX One Owners Thread

I like the Forza Horizon games and it sounds like I'll be grabbing this one eventually. It may be sooner rather than latter depending on how my fantasy baseball league goes this week. I take my payouts in Amazon credit to avoid the processing fees.

Forza Horizon 3 went live today for people who bought the Ultimate Edition. This is the game plus all the DLC. This is the first Xbox Play Anywhere title I have purchased so I tried both the Xbox One and PC versions.

I played the first half hour on the Xbox One and everything was very solid. This is one of the best looking Xbox One games I have seen and it stays locked at 30 FPS with no dips ever. I shifted over to PC and played about another hour of the game. The cross save feature worked seamlessly and I was able to pick up right where I left off on the Xbox version. The PC version looks amazing at 2560x1440 60 FPS and it also ran great on my hardware. Hopefully this means that Microsoft got their first party developers in line and Gears 4 will look and run just as well on PC. If it does I'm really looking forward to seeing it in a couple weeks.

As for the actual game, I really like it so far. The gameplay will be familiar to anyone who has played Forza Horizon 2 but moving the setting to Australia was a great decision. Everything looks so much more bright and colorful than their version of France in Horizon 2. The city areas look great but the real standouts are the lush Forrest areas and the beach. Driving an SUV at 100+ MPH on a dirt road through the woods feels great. From what I can tell so far, this is a very good sequel to Forza Horizon 2.

The original Forza Horizon and it's DLC will no longer be available for purchase after October 20th. My guess is that this is a music licensing issue because I'm not sure what other reason they would have for stopping sales on a first party game. It would also partially explain why it was free for Gold members until September 15th. In addition to getting people interested for the launch of Horizon 3 they were able to give it away to a lot of people just before they would no longer be able to sell it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09...ox-360-reaching-end-of-life-status-next-month

Edit: Also if you just grabbed it for free like I did it's worth checking out the store page for the game. A few of the DLC cars are free and you may as well grab them before that content is pulled from the store.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Forza-Horizon/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5309c9

Hope you Gears fans have plenty of space available on your Hard Drives and Data Caps. Preload is ready for Xbox One users. It's not ready yet for PC users but they promise it will be. With 80 GBs of data needed to be downloaded, I should hope so.

Hope you Gears fans have plenty of space available on your Hard Drives and Data Caps. Preload is ready for Xbox One users. It's not ready yet for PC users but they promise it will be. With 80 GBs of data needed to be downloaded, I should hope so.

Hopefully that 80GB in the system requirements is at least a little overstated. It was for Forza Horizon 3. Forza says it requires 55GB but my download was actually about 42GB. If the Xbox One download for Gears 4 is 54.6GB the PC version is going to be pretty damn big due to higher resolution textures. It will definitely take up more space than the Xbox One version but hopefully not 25GB more.

I'm not worried about the download size because that isn't an issue for me with no data caps, good speeds, and pre-loading available. My PC does only have SSDs in it at this point so storage space is something I have to pay attention to.

Hopefully that 80GB in the system requirements is at least a little overstated. It was for Forza Horizon 3. Forza says it requires 55GB but my download was actually about 42GB. If the Xbox One download for Gears 4 is 54.6GB the PC version is going to be pretty damn big due to higher resolution textures. It will definitely take up more space than the Xbox One version but hopefully not 25GB more.

I'm not worried about the download size because that isn't an issue for me with no data caps, good speeds, and pre-loading available. My PC does only have SSDs in it at this point so storage space is something I have to pay attention to.

I got Gears 4 pre-loaded on my PC today and the download was 73GB. It's not quite the 80GB listed in their system requirements but the discrepancy is much smaller than it was for Forza Horizon 3. 73GB is a massive install for a single game but I guess I should just be happy it isn't the 130GB that COD will be taking up on my PS4 this Fall.

Review embargo on Gears 4 is over. Reviews seem to be very positive, although there does seem to be a common theme that while the MP shines, the SP Campaign is a little lacking. I'm still excited for it. Looking forward to another co-op campaign.

Review embargo on Gears 4 is over. Reviews seem to be very positive, although there does seem to be a common theme that while the MP shines, the SP Campaign is a little lacking. I'm still excited for it. Looking forward to another co-op campaign.

Hmm... Jeff Gerstmann was talking about how much he liked the campaign on this week's Giant Bombcast. They were gushing about how good it was for quite a while, which is pretty rare for them. I do see a few people in that review roundup who say it's too derivative of the past games. It sounds like how much people like it will depend on how much they liked the rest of the series and whether they want more of that or not.

As a side note, Jeff Gerstmann mentioned that he was playing on PC and that it was running great for him. That's good to hear since I plan on playing on PC too. I'm looking forward to trying it out next Tuesday.

I just really hope that Cross Play works properly. Did you end up getting both versions so we can use the One version if it doesn't work?

I just really hope that Cross Play works properly. Did you end up getting both versions so we can use the One version if it doesn't work?

I bought it digitally since I'm pretty sure that is the only way you can play it on PC. With all the Play Anywhere titles if you own it digitally you can play it on either platform. I'm pretty sure I already have it pre-loaded on both my Xbox and my PC, although I'm hoping I never have a reason to play it on Xbox.

More games coming to backwards compatibility. The big standout is The Orange Box. I'd be kind of curious to see what TF2 is like on Xbox after all the crates and cosmetics that have come out on PC over the years.

Good luck seeing anything on TOB in regards to TF2. That was abandoned a LONG time ago. They barely got any of the updates that were made to it, and this was before the game went F2P. The console versions in general of TF2 were a joke. Very little support from Valve. Still, maybe people still have it laying around and will play it again just for the lulz.

Random Note: TOB was originally distributed for consoles by Electronic Arts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)