XBOX One Owners Thread

6 more games were added to backwards compatibility today. Next time Catherine goes on sale I'll probably finally give it a shot.

6 more games were added to backwards compatibility today. Next time Catherine goes on sale I'll probably finally give it a shot.

Good addition with Catherine.
I should get back into that. I was playing it again not too long ago (it went on sale for $5 and I picked it up) and having fun but then got distracted (what a shock.) It's one of Troy Baker's underappreciated roles.

Games with Gold for January 2017 announced.

Random rant: I'm tired of them saying that "You can redeem all games on your One." You can't. If you don't have a credit card on file, you can NOT get free games on your One or the website. I run into this issue because I refuse to keep my credit card on file with Microsoft so whenever I want to add a game, I need to boot up my 360 and "add" it there so it shows up in my One library. I know they won't bother to fix this because this has been an issue forever.

Random rant: I'm tired of them saying that "You can redeem all games on your One." You can't. If you don't have a credit card on file, you can NOT get free games on your One or the website. I run into this issue because I refuse to keep my credit card on file with Microsoft so whenever I want to add a game, I need to boot up my 360 and "add" it there so it shows up in my One library. I know they won't bother to fix this because this has been an issue forever.

Well technically you can. I do it every month. I don't even own a 360 anymore and I have no trouble getting the games. You just can't without a credit card on file apparently. I have a credit card on file for digital purchases so I have never run into that problem.

I do agree that it seems pretty dumb to require a credit card on file to get free games though.

Right. They should put the disclaimer in of "With a valid credit card on file." I don't have one on file so they force me to get it on my console.

I do agree that the BC program is quite good and while they do have 300 games available, I wish they'd pick up the pace on some of the older ones. Like they STILL don't have Street Fighter 2 Turbo or SSF2THD Remix available, and those are nearly 10 years old. And why don't they have any of the yearly sports games on there? I'd like them to finally put WWE 2K14 up.

And why don't they have any of the yearly sports games on there? I'd like them to finally put WWE 2K14 up.

My guess is that the reason they don't have old sports games up is the same reason Gamestop offers like $0.50 of trade in credit for old sports games. Old sports games just aren't in demand when there is a new version every year. Very few people would want to play the 360 version of Madden 13 with completely outdated rosters and bad graphics when compared to the current gen versions in 2016.

Now, I don't know anything about wrestling but I wouldn't put the WWE games in the same category as Madden, MLB the Show, and NBA 2K. It seems like there are probably more reasons to play an older WWE game even after new versions come out than there is to play NBA 2K12 after NBA 2K17 comes out. Plus having an out of date roster in a WWE game could be seen as a benefit while it's not in other sports.

Reactions: satjay
My guess is that the reason they don't have old sports games up is the same reason Gamestop offers like $0.50 of trade in credit for old sports games. Old sports games just aren't in demand when there is a new version every year. Very few people would want to play the 360 version of Madden 13 with completely outdated rosters and bad graphics when compared to the current gen versions in 2016.

Now, I don't know anything about wrestling but I wouldn't put the WWE games in the same category as Madden, MLB the Show, and NBA 2K. It seems like there are probably more reasons to play an older WWE game even after new versions come out than there is to play NBA 2K12 after NBA 2K17 comes out. Plus having an out of date roster in a WWE game could be seen as a benefit while it's not in other sports.

I would agree with older wrestling games, wrestling characters leave for various reasons that you still may want to play

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Scalebound, the massive Co-op action game with dragons made by Platinum games, has been officially cancelled.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14217810/scalebound-trailer

Very sad news. I was looking forward to this and this was really pushed at last year's E3, but this game must have been in REAL trouble for Microsoft to decide to pull the plug. All the money is basically down the drain. This is the second high profile cancellation from Microsoft, preceded by Fable Legends, which marked the end of Lionhead Studios.

This also is yet another recent blow for Platinum Games, following Star Fox Zero and the most recent TMNT game (which you can't even buy anymore.) Not sure how many more of these hits the company can handle.

Scalebound, the massive Co-op action game with dragons made by Platinum games, has been officially cancelled.

Very sad news. I was looking forward to this and this was really pushed at last year's E3, but this game must have been in REAL trouble for Microsoft to decide to pull the plug. All the money is basically down the drain. This is the second high profile cancellation from Microsoft, preceded by Fable Legends, which marked the end of Lionhead Studios.

This also is yet another recent blow for Platinum Games, following Star Fox Zero and the most recent TMNT game (which you can't even buy anymore.) Not sure how many more of these hits the company can handle.
Phil Spencer has chimed in

I posted this in the E3 2016 thread.

Oddly, Scalebound had my interest when it was first shown off but every time I have seen it since then I have cared less about it. I think it's pretty clear that they announced this one way too early.

Scalebound seemed like an interesting idea but tone of the game and the main character really didn't do it for me when they posted their gameplay footage. It doesn't really surprise me that this game was a total mess. They announced it too early and then went radio silent except when they were announcing delays.

It does seem like Platinum lost their way a little bit. It seems like they were working on way too many games at once and not doing any of them justice. If Nier Automata is able to cash in on the positive buzz they got from their Demo last week I think Platinum will be fine though. I just hope the full game is good when it comes out in March.

You sure? I don't see it there. Last post there I see is this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3908137/

Yeah. I deleted the top half of the post when I copied it over here since it had nothing to do with Scalebound. That's probably why you didn't see it.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3906709/

Edit: I see what's happening. I didn't post that the game was canceled in the E3 thread. What I meant was that I posted about the problem I was seeing with the game back then. That's why this cancellation isn't a complete surprise to me.

More backwards compatible games. The Battlefield games probably won't get much play since most people are going to want to play the more modern, 64 player versions but Dragon Age Origins will make some people happy.

Edit: There's also these games I've never heard of...

Those Mega Man games have some interesting box art. Unless things change signficantly from what I have seen in the first 2 games in the Mega Man Legacy collection that looks absolutely nothing like the art style of the games.

Those Mega Man games have some interesting box art. Unless things change signficantly from what I have seen in the first 2 games in the Mega Man Legacy collection that looks absolutely nothing like the art style of the games.
They're meant (I'm assuming) to be callbacks to the goofy box art of the first two games on the NES.

megamanboxart01.jpg

Wow. The thing is, the games look better than this ridiculous box art even though they are running on NES graphics.

Wow. The thing is, the games look better than this ridiculous box art even though they are running on NES graphics.
Yeah the Mega Man 1 box art is considered by many to be one of the worst covers in history, and even has been blamed for the games' low initial sales. It wasn't until Mega Man 2 came out that the series caught fire, and was such a massive success that Capcom had to reissue Mega Man 1 because people wanted more of what 2 offered (I ended up playing 2 before 1 as well.)

Here's a good video of various awful video game covers (Mega Man was #2)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts