Xenforo Upgrade

I find the XIU font for unread threads to be so close to the read threads that I can barely see the difference any longer.

I made a quick temporary style called Font Test, and that is using the old font we had in 1.5

I think I like the fonts in 2.1 better myself. (Although I am going to try making them a little bigger)

Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

Well I think I am about satisfied with things for now.

It was a long three days, but we made it through. I think the worst part of upgrading was buying all the addons which for the most part were free for Xenforo 1.x. There are currently 39 of them. With costs being free (I think 5 of them were free) the rest were anywhere from $15 to $45 each. But I feel they were worth it.

Now I just hope Google turns on our ads again soon. I was told 48 hours on Friday, but still nothing yet. That has had me stressing out. So pray those ads come back so we can fund the site. But again we still have the offer from wallyhts to host the site for free. But its a matter of pride for me. This is my baby, we didn't do anything wrong to have the ads removed yet we are being penalized by some pencil pushers. I hope they understand that when we make money, they make money as well.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback over the past few days. There is no manual for this stuff, you learn by doing and I sure learned a lot over the past 3 days.

It took us 2 years almost to the day that Xenforo 2.0 was officially released, and we waited all we could to move. And now that we moved, the hiccups we had were small, and I think many folks have adapted to it faster then I would have ever expected. Because I run the site I can not and do not use many of the features such as Ignore Forums, Ignore Posts and many other features as I need to be able to see everything. So as I said it was 3 days of learning... but I am glad we did it. And overall the move wasn't so bad.

Again thanks for being here and for your input, I tried to listen to everyones suggestions and make the changes where I could. And looking at things right now, I think we did a great job. :)

I made a quick temporary style called Font Test, and that is using the old font we had in 1.5

I think I like the fonts in 2.1 better myself. (Although I am going to try making them a little bigger)

Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

I don't see any difference in size or boldness using the Font Test style.
OK i just increased the font sizes, in addition I was able to figure out how to make the bold more bold. (They don't call it Bold.. they call it Heavy... well at least they didn't call it Portly or Fat. :D)

I am going back to SG light/sticky... No change! What am I doing wrong? :crying

It's on the Chrome browser on my Android phone.
Here's what the nav bar looks like on my Android phone, Chrome browser:

20191119_141052.jpg

Here's what the nav bar looks like on my Android phone, Chrome browser:

View attachment 141811
Ok, this is odd. If I turn my phone to landscape mode, the page number navigation buttons appear. When I go back to portrait mode, they disappear. When I say disappear, they are still there, as when I click on the apparent empty space next to the <Prev button, the page number that is in that position shows.

Ok, this is odd. If I turn my phone to landscape mode, the page number navigation buttons appear. When I go back to portrait mode, they disappear. When I say disappear, they are still there, as when I click on the apparent empty space next to the <Prev button, the page number that is in that position shows.
This is a bug in UI.X, ZI can replicate it on my iPhone as well. I have reported it. :)

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)