Xenforo Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Or checking the other options and deciding on a particular one. Like I did with the last theme changes. I tried them all and decided that I liked Classic, mostly becuase it was what I was used to.
I chose classic because it was the most compact and most efficient use of screen real estate, not like many of the current trend of web pages that have oversized, flat, buttons, links and elements, like a child's tablet.

Reactions: TheKrell
1) is using the default style (they didn't select a style)
4) is people who selected to use that style.

OK, so by my calculation, SG 2016 accounts for 91.75% of your clients whether laziness or that specific selection was made. Will the new XenForo default style be anything like the old default SG 2016?

Here is what the default 2.0 looks like.

XenForo community

Again its just to get us cut over... and back online. Then the real work begins. :D (But don't expect it to be dont expect it to be all done in one day.)

I am actually going to go to my office at work and do the upgrade, this way I can focus on the upgrade, and don't have to take the dogs out every 10 minutes, go put laundry in the washer, take out the trash and whatever my wife can find for me to do. Lol. :D

I use the 2016 No Sticky Nav but I just tried the regular 2016 and I don't see the Sticky Nav so I'd be very happy with the 2016 theme.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yay, round avatars; time to get my whiskers trimmed…
1181.jpg.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 10.10.53.png

I use the 2016 No Sticky Nav but I just tried the regular 2016 and I don't see the Sticky Nav so I'd be very happy with the 2016 theme.

It's still sticky for me on most versions of FF. My FF at work (computer managed by shared services) lets it float up, though. :(

Ok I am up and taking a shower before heading out to my office in Hartford to get this done.

Once I get there I will...

1) turn the system off.
2) Do a full rsync of all the files
3) Dump the database to a backup
4) Copy and restore the database to the backup server.
5) Restore the database to the backup server and insure the system is running on the backup server, this way if something goes wrong we can copy everything back over here to the main server and get back online. (In addition having a backup running allows me to see all settings colors and everything else that was on the old system, so I can try replicating it on the 2.1 system)
6) Remove all the Plugins from the 1.5 system running here, as even thought the plugins will be turned off with the new software, it won't let you uninstall the old plugins, which means lots of junk sitting in the database. So might as well clean them out now then have them taking up database space forever.
7) Upgrade the software to 2.1
8) Setup the temporary 2.1 Theme with the SatelliteGuys logo.
9) Reopen the site to everyone
10) Start installing the important add-on's such as Tapatalk (who I am mad at again...), Elastic Search, and others.
11) Head back for home
12) Continue installing other add-ons. (again there is no Multiview for Xenforo 2.1) :(
13) Start working on converting some of our old themes to 2.1
14) Go to bed.

Forgot bathroom breaks and meals in between all of that.

Its going to be a busy day so time for me to hop into the shower.

Thank you again to everyone for your support! :D

Rsync of Directories Done to backup server.
MySqlSump of Database is done.

Now transferring Database (and backups of Database) to the backup server. Database is close to 73 GB is size.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)