XFinity App for AppleTv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dugan5468

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Columbiana, Ohio
I recently cancelled my tv service through Xfinity due to costs... When the tech came to pick up equipment he told me that XFinity was going to release an app for Apple TV, Roku, etc that would allow you to watch your programming through streaming devices, instead of their equipment. He also said you could watch recorded shows through an iCloud like DVR.....

My question is "Is it available" and if so does anyone have it and your thoughts on it..... My equipment charges were crazy with them. I currently am trying out Directv Now with Apple TV's and OTA for locals.. So far, so good but I miss the ability to record and watch later...

Thanks for your time
Michael

Not available yet, only announced for the Roku and Samsung TVs ( at the Comcast forums the Comcast employees that post there have written many times that their will NOT be a app for Apple TV).

Are far as when it is coming out for the Roku, those same employees have written that the app is done and waiting on approval from the Roku development team.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

It's not like the Xfinity App will give you free access to their TV service. It's less hardware that Xfinity needs to maintain if the customers provide their own.

The app is live now on Roku, but you have to have at least one active Comcast gateway in your house to make it work. It isn't like SlingTV where you just authenticate and access your channels. They want you to be on your home Comcast Wifi. They're also talking about charging a fee for each Roku you use it on. The whole exercise is pointless, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've got Comcast tv and internet but I can't load the xfinity streaming application on my Roku XD.

I meet all the minimum requirements Comcast listed for getting the streaming application to work on my Roku. I've tried downloading it and it looks like it's working but it doesn't show-up in my channel list.

I've got Comcast tv and internet but I can't load the xfinity streaming application on my Roku XD.

I meet all the minimum requirements Comcast listed for getting the streaming application to work on my Roku. I've tried downloading it and it looks like it's working but it doesn't show-up in my channel list.

The XD is an older unit; the app doesn't work with it. I believe it only works on Roku 2XS and higher

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)