XM Rumor - Best of Sirius

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
*** UPDATED: Both packages for Sirius and XM are now available to their subscribers - No free preview. ****

There's a rumor that the "Best of Sirius" channels will be available on XM beginning tomorrow via free preview. XM has not confirmed this so dont bank on it.

Up until later today you could go to the program guide and see howard stern and nfl programming beginning at channel 100, after midnight.

Below are images that were captured this weekend by a user with a Pioneer Inno, courtesy of Orbitcast.com. The user manually entered channel numbers. You can no longer do this.
best-of-01.jpg
vglgtw.jpg

I guess tomorrow we'll know if this rumor is true.

Last edited:
Maybe it's me, but the initial "Best of XM" offering doesn't excite me. I do like XM, but nothing I like about it (music channels) are included.

I will be interested to see where this goes. MLB would have sweetened the offer a bit, but I assume they have time to work that out before next year.

At least I have a choice to take it or leave it. That's the important thing.

I just called Sirius. To add the Best of XM to a lifetime Sirius subscription is $150. According to the phone rep, there is no option to add this monthly/yearly if you have a lifetime sub.

So do we know if the $4 per month is per radio or per subscription?
I think it's per radio. I'd strongly suggest calling Sirius to order this as opposed to doing it on their website, as it appears to be messed up (I can't even log into my account) and this whole thing is rather confusing. I not only have 2 subscriptions, but I have 1 that is monthly and 1 that is quarterly billing, so I need some clarification on things.

I also want to know how they're going to do the sports stuff. If we only have 10 channels added for play by play, what's going to happen when the NBA and NHL seasons are in full swing? Are we going to have to pray that the particular games that we want will be broadcast on a given day?

It is $4 per radio.

They have a promo that the first six months are half price for the $4 extra charge.

So to get the first radio with "best of" is $14.99 for six months, extra radios are $8.99 for 6 months.

Regular price is $16.99 and $10.99.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)