Xtreme 0.3db LNBF (NEW)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Just got a new LNBF!

At last a STANDARD 0.3 dB Low Noise LNBF!
Its looks a lot like the ASC 321s LNBF, a great wee LNBF but this new Xtreme really kicks it up a notch!

RF : 11.7-12.2 GHZ
IF : 950-1450 MHz
L.O. : 10.75 GHZ
NF. : 0.3 dB

Will report my results here in comparison to the above ASC 321s LNBF

Attachments

• Pict0043.JPG
    Pict0043.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Pict0042.JPG
    Pict0042.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 243
  • Pict0041.JPG
    Pict0041.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Pict0036.JPG
    Pict0036.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 293
  • Pict0034.JPG
    Pict0034.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 277
OK, first result I put the new Xtreme LNBF on my 32x36" test dish.

AMC-4

WVGN-LP

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html

ASC-321s 0% Quality Black screen

Xtreme 49% Quality Perfect picture

Just for the record I also get around 50% Quality for this channel on my main dish with the QPH-031 CP/LP LNBF!

PSB said:
Just got a new LNBF!

At last a STANDARD 0.3 dB Low Noise LNBF!
Its looks a lot like the ASC 321s LNBF, a great wee LNBF but this new Xtreme really kicks it up a notch!

RF : 11.7-12.2 GHZ
IF : 950-1450 MHz
L.O. : 10.75 GHZ
NF. : 0.3 dB

Will report my results here in comparison to the above ASC 321s LNBF

Nice! Do they have a dual-output model? Form factor would be perfect for my Toroidal...

Xtreme LNBF

Anything that PSB endorses has my vote. Just ordered one of the Xtremes. I need all the signal I can get. I have a 36" and now a Primestar 40", along with an "old" 76cm Winegard.

In fact, I was looking at the Xtreme and started to post a message to ask if anyone has had a chance to look at it. Wow, upon looking at the forum this morning, PSB's message pops up. Talk about great timing!

Thanks PSB!!! :D :D

MrM

I wonder if this LNB will pull The Tube in for me? Im getting 40-to mid 40's Q on G10..very unwatchable. Using the FSKU-V .4 LNB.

I fear you will not see much difference between a 0.4 and 0.3 dB LNBF. On the other hand there is more to a good LNBF than noise level.

I know Iceberg is getting/got one so maybe he will do a comparison test.

40-50% on WVGN is darn good ! Ive only been able to catch it on a couple of clear evenings with my Invacom, but Im just off the north coast of British Columbia.

well, delivered yesterday was the Xtreme LNB

Cute little thing :)

Didnt have time to get it hooked up as our power went out yesterday so I spent 1/2 hour getting everything back to the right time and there were still dark clouds out (and the roof was soaked) so I decided to wait until tonight to put it up :)

Iceberg said:
well, delivered yesterday was the Xtreme LNB

Cute little thing :)

Didnt have time to get it hooked up as our power went out yesterday so I spent 1/2 hour getting everything back to the right time and there were still dark clouds out (and the roof was soaked) so I decided to wait until tonight to put it up :)
ah the joys of minnesota

any new news iceberg? i currently have one of these ordered from psb, should be getting it today. Hopefully i have made the right decision in ordering this one over the invacom one.

I got it hooked up over the weekend...

Works real good. Had to go through and change all my satellites back to LO 10750 (off of 10600 for the Universal)

All the numbers are about the same..maybe a 1 to 2 point gain'

The big thing was the weaker signals
Pentagon went from 40 to 55 (AMC1)
Some of the wekaer T5 signals went from 30-35 to 50
Doc Scott skyed to a 99 (but I think he finally turned the power up from heaven) :)

Some feeds that I use to get 20 I can get a 32

So it does help...doesnt perform miracles (STILL cant get WVGN), but it helps and the best part is I can nudge without the quality going to 0 until I back out a screen to the main install page.

This is with a 30" dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)