Yahoo Lists Shows likely to be cancelled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I've definitely become a jaded network TV viewer in recent years. Why should I invest my time and interest in a show when it's likely to be cancelled within a month? I think people would give news shows more of a shot if there was more of a commitment by the broadcasters to give the shows a chance to sink or swim over a reasonable period of time. What could possibly be gained by canceling a show after airing only two episodes (lonestar)? That just annoys he people that tuned in and will make them leas likely to invest in new shows in the future.

So far out of all the new shows launched this year , I am only watching about 6 of them and have deleted the rest. Out of the 6 shows I have added , 3 of them are iffy and if canceled I wouldn't care. These are the ones I am still watching:

No Ordinary Family **
Hawaii 5-0
The Event
Chase **
Mike & Molly
Sh*t my Dad Says **

** Iffy could be canceled and I wouldn't care.

Outsourced- Finally caught a show. Really awful!

Verdict: :down:down:down:down:down

They could have canceled it mid show and I would not have cared!

---------------

Sh*t my Dad Says

I'll have to check this one out. At Scott's recommendation, I'm reading the book and just about finished.

Outsourced has been a fairly good show... last night's isn't one I would have based an opinion on (it was the worst of the three to air to date... by a lot)

As for the other shows on the list... they can all go tomorrow and I wouldn't miss them. There hasn't been any new network tv shows this season that caught my eye that I would put as "must see" (or record).

duckydan- So you are saying I need to suffer through one more show to pass judgment? :)

PS- Saw the movie too. The TV show is much worse.

Two main reasons I don't like the show-
1. I don't find fellow Americans losing their jobs funny in this practice of outsourcing to India.
2. I don't find much humor in poking fun at another culture, attempts at elevating our culture at the expense of ridiculing another.

The movie had it's real life humorous moments but the story was much better done with real drama.

Last edited:
Outlaw
Detroit 187
Undercovers
Running Wilde
The Whole Truth
Chase
Outsourced
Better With You
My Generation
It's a "good" list, from my family's POV. We decided against all of these programs this fall (and also had decided against Lone Star), with the exception of The Undercovers, and quite frankly, we won't be too disappointed about that show, either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts