Yankee's Crying Poor?

Having a team in the top 10 in pitching obviously doesn't guarantee a playoff spot. However, pitching rank is more predictive of a team's chance of making the playoffs than is hitting rank. Can a good hitting/bad pitching team make the playoffs? Sure, but historically speaking that is the exception, not the rule.

Thank you Skyhi. Well thought out response! :up

Here is where you called Castillo a journey man infielder. I never did.

Please give us your definition. ;)

Sandra

A player that has been traded to mulitple teams to the point he has almost as many if not more teams played than years. Your "definition" of this same word is someone who isn't that good....traded around as a throw in. But I am sure YOU knew that....;)

But I am definately sure you and Sabre could outplay him....:rolleyes:

When he runs out of ammunition he starts calling you names, like 'Slick', and 'Baby sister'. Then he starts mentioning your knees for some reason.

Sandra

You are a sister of 5 brothers....how is THAT a name? And then again, you could be lying, I don't know....

IF "slick" offends you...maybe you shouldn't be here....just my observations.:eureka

A player that has been traded to mulitple teams to the point he has almost as many if not more teams played than years. Your "definition" of this same word is someone who isn't that good....traded around as a throw in. But I am sure YOU knew that....;)

But I am definately sure you and Sabre could outplay him....:rolleyes:

I never said I could outplay anyone...you're mixing up your arguments.

Although I could probably beat him in a triathlon! :)

Please don't tell me what my definition is. Although listening to WFAN, it seems most Met fans don't think Castillo is very good. He is a regular, though, but if you think he should be paid more than Santana...

Sandra

Damn - nothing is an absolute. Pitching is dominant, just look at how many games the top ones win, no matter what team they pitch for. But over the course of a 162 game schedule, obviously a team needs offense and defense as well.

Additionally, baseball is far from balanced. Every division is different, and the balance of power within the divisions is WAY different.

So, a team with average pitching could win with superior offense and defense. A team with superior pitcing can win with average offense, and so on.

But since I'm a Yankee fan, I expect them to win the World Series EVERY YEAR (not really) - what would I know?

But superior hitting and defense, I think will always get you to the playoffs more so than so-so fielding and hitting with great pitching.

You are a sister of 5 brothers....how is THAT a name? And then again, you could be lying, I don't know....

IF "slick" offends you...maybe you shouldn't be here....just my observations.:eureka

I never said anything offends me. With five older brothers, I've heard it all. But name-calling in an argument is usually a last resort... :rolleyes:

Sandra

I never said I could outplay anyone...you're mixing up your arguments.

Although I could probably beat him in a triathlon! :)

Please don't tell me what my definition is. Although listening to WFAN, it seems most Met fans don't think Castillo is very good. He is a regular, though, but if you think he should be paid more than Santana...

Sandra

So what you are saying now is that you did not agree with Sabre in stating he has done nothing significant than have a 30 game hit streak?

Having a team in the top 10 in pitching obviously doesn't guarantee a playoff spot. However, pitching rank is more predictive of a team's chance of making the playoffs than is hitting rank. Can a good hitting/bad pitching team make the playoffs? Sure, but historically speaking that is the exception, not the rule.
The Texas Rangers say, "Hi" :wave

I never said anything offends me. With five older brothers, I've heard it all. But name-calling in an argument is usually a last resort... :rolleyes:

Sandra

IF calling you "little sister" when YOU REALLY ARE A LITTLE SISTER...as stated above post either upsets or offends you.....then all I can say is wow!

...Please explain to me how is calling someone "slick" no different then stating most of everything I say about a subject as "spin" as any different?

Hmmm....?

Didn't you hear? Iverson has now lead a team to an NBA championship. Says so in another thread...

Sandra

:haha:haha Seriously, I think it's great how you guys/gals go back and forth!

Like I said before in another thread, it doesn't matter if I agree or disagree on a certain topic, everyone seems very knowledgeable in here! :) :up

IF calling you "little sister" when YOU REALLY ARE A LITTLE SISTER...as stated above post either upsets or offends you.....then all I can say is wow!

...Please explain to me how is calling someone "slick" no different then stating most of everything I say about a subject as "spin" as any different?

Hmmm....?

I said I wasn't offended. What part of that didn't you understand?

Sandra

NBA on Christmas Day

ESPN To Get Interactive With You In 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)