yep another newbee but some exp.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mnnsdad2

Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
baton rouge
Ok start over, we now have dish$%^w*** I Need to know what I,m going to need to purrchase so I can view tv, and what can we expect as far as channels. I have decided that a good quality reciever is needed. So Am I going to have to buy a dish ,LNB , motor ect . some one please give me some hints. I had a satellite back in 1986 or so untill they went comunistic with scrambling.I thought it was all over since I was told about FTA. Please respond

Last edited:
If you're hoping to replace Dish Network with FTA, you should check "The List!" at the top of this forum to get an idea what channels are available. You'll need a 30" or larger dish, a 36" is recommended. Your Dish Network dish can only get you NASA TV, Angel One and a few "barker" channels. There is nothing else up there on Dish Network available without a subscription.

This page gives you some simple getting started information.

If you're just hoping to save some money you could try calling Dish and telling them you plan on switching to FTA, they might give you a discount to keep you as a customer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts