YES network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ron61250

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2003
Horseheads, N.Y.
Does anyone know if Dish has included this in the RSC.I have 1 month left on my ETF from direct but this ch. is a must for me.Could not find info on the Dish website. thanks, Ron:confused:

Dish does not carry YES Network and I don't see it coming anytime soon.

I find it amazing that you can't see (as much as it hurts me to say) the World Champion New York Yankees on Dish Network.

I guess some people do stay or sign up with a provider over one channel
I know a lot of people in CT, NY and NJ who won't sign up for Dish just because of this one channel.

I have talked to a lot of them and all of them say if DISH had YES they would jump over in a heartbeat. But again no Yankees, no DISH.

I know a lot of people in CT, NY and NJ who won't sign up for Dish just because of this one channel.

I have talked to a lot of them and all of them say if DISH had YES they would jump over in a heartbeat. But again no Yankees, no DISH.
And NY sports DMA is a huge market. Just think how many more subs Dish would have from this NY DMA alone

And NY sports DMA is a huge market. Just think how many more subs Dish would have from this NY DMA alone

But Dish also may lose subscribers elsewhere due to the higher costs that every Dish subscriber would have to pay even if they don't want YES. There is also the possibility that other RSN's would want the same deal with Dish as YES and then susbscriber costs will rise even more. The nature of any deal with YES should be no different than that any other RSN.

But Dish also may lose subscribers elsewhere due to the higher costs that every Dish subscriber would have to pay even if they don't want YES. There is also the possibility that other RSN's would want the same deal with Dish as YES and then susbscriber costs will rise even more. The nature of any deal with YES should be no different than that any other RSN.
Why would every Dish subscriber have to pay more if Dish got YES? Dish would absorb the cost like they do for every other RSN. And I doubt that the Royals or Pirates would get very far asking for YES-type money. :p

Why would every Dish subscriber have to pay more if Dish got YES? Dish would absorb the cost like they do for every other RSN. And I doubt that the Royals or Pirates would get very far asking for YES-type money. :p

Because Yes DOES recieve 'yes-type money', and E* runs a very lean operation and would need to absorb costs across its entire subscriber base, or just charge 'Yes' subs more which would cause it to not be competitive in the regions where its in most demand anyway. Its a double-edge sword. Its not worth it from a business perspective. Anybody who wants Yes is already getting it, so to offer it just to attract subs, you would be starting from a baseline of 0 dollars and the total carraige cost putting you in the red immediately. Stockholders don't like things like that...particularly without a pre-determined breakeven point which would not be easy to surmise in this economy.

But not to fear, there is no shortage of D* subs who poke their nose regularly in E* forums just to be sure to remind you that D* carries Yes and make sure you never forget that...so...

D* carries Yes...just so you know. :)

There...nuff said. :)

Such negotiations are not made public, but reports say that YES is demanding $3 per DISH subscriber to add the channel. That is supposedly for all subscribers nationally, not just the local RSN people as YES is a nationally viewed channel. DISH does not generally enter into agreements that require all subs to pay for a channel that a minority of subsribers have interest in, a la NFLST and MLBEI. To be fair to the Yankees and YES they are supporting a quarter of a billion dollar per year payroll and need the revenue to make that payroll. They can't give DISH a discount because then D*, FIOS and cable networks would cry foul and demand a better deal.

But not to fear, there is no shortage of D* subs who poke their nose regularly in E* forums just to be sure to remind you that D* carries Yes and make sure you never forget that...so...
Shut up all ready. When are you ever going to learn?

rocatman said:
Okay, let's take this line of thinking...

What if YES simply wants the same deal that was given to MSG, SNY and FSNY? What if YES wants the same deal as every other RSN, but maybe a touch more money because after all, they are the Yankees?

And the reason I bring this up is because of the amount of speculation on this thread is ridiculous. I haven't seen a credible news item anywhere to suggest that YES wants a completely different deal than the other RSN's in the region. I'd be quite happy to change my position if there was a news report that stated otherwise...

My guess is simply that Dish Network doesn't want to pay for four RSN's in New York.

Okay, let's take this line of thinking...

What if YES simply wants the same deal that was given to MSG, SNY and FSNY? What if YES wants the same deal as every other RSN, but maybe a touch more money because after all, they are the Yankees?

And the reason I bring this up is because of the amount of speculation on this thread is ridiculous. I haven't seen a credible news item anywhere to suggest that YES wants a completely different deal than the other RSN's in the region. I'd be quite happy to change my position if there was a news report that stated otherwise...

My guess is simply that Dish Network doesn't want to pay for four RSN's in New York.

And your speculation just increases the ridiculous amount speculation in this thread and has no greater foundation and probably less than any other speculation in this thread. You either don't think your "guess" is speculation or you don't see how stupid it makes you appear when you complain about the amount of speculation but just add to it. :rolleyes:

Charlie told me that he offered to carry YES Network ALA Carte and would give 100% of the money directly to YES Network.

Yes Network declined the offer.

They wanted to be put in the base package AT100 which Charlie would not do since all other RSN's are in the AT200 package.

YES wants to be in every package in their viewing area. As Scott pointed out Dish Family and Dish AT100 do not carry RSNs. Dish feels they get more customers NATIONWIDE by having these two low cost packages than they lose in the YES market area.

Nationwide pricing would go up because if YES gets in all the packages, all the other RSNs would demand the same treatment in their areas. It is not that other areas would be paying for YES, they would be paying for their local RSN.

Since 2002, the complaint by Dish Network has been about the price. Nothing more, nothing less.

From SatelliteGuys via SkyReport, posted by Scott Greczkowski 1 April 2002:
Don't expect to see the Yankees Entertainment and Sports (YES) Network on DISH Network in the near future. And the reason comes down to the same concerns voiced by some New York-area cable operators: the price.

In a statement released before the weekend, EchoStar said YES was not made available to its DBS service at reasonable rates. "In order to protect all 7 million DISH Network subscribers from possible rate increases due to the unreasonable carriage fee requested by YES Network, DISH Network is unable to offer YES at this time," the company said.
What was that about speculation, when it came straight from the mouth of Dish Network?

And with that being said, I'd be surprised about the demand to put YES in the base package when no RSN is available in the smallest package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)