YES Network

RonMort046 said:
Well how is that different from any cable system. Our goofy Adelphia carries Comcast Sports Philadelphia, FSN Pittsburgh, YES, and MSG. it is not a choice whether you want them or not. Everybody pays as they do for USA, TNT, Bravo, etc. There is no question that the sports channels raise the price of cable, but Adelphia also has NHL CI, MLB EI, ESPN FC, ESPN GP, etc. Those packages bring in revenue from sports fans. Sports costs and sports revenues should balance out in the long run.

I would argue that there's a difference between general sports channels like ESPN and specialized Baseball channels, especially one designated for ONE team. Granted the Regionals are pushing it but it's one thing for it to cover a pretty big region like the East or West coast over a specific area and niche like Yankee's fan.
Also I don't know if Tom's joking or not but if Tom can get extra or whatever I want more quality Foreign channels and for CRYING out loud can I please get some Japanese and Korean channels that present HD programs with good subs to tide a person like me over who wants to GORGE on HD and isn't getting enough of it or enough of it he's interested in from Sat and the networks.

First of all, Yes has every Nets game, college football and basketball. It has some good talk shows. It is owned by the Yankees, but there is varied programming on YES. It's not a bad channel. At least it's programming is different than the FSNs. They also have the Yankees in HD. I think DTV carried their HD games last year, but I am not sure.

Last edited:
All Dish needs to do is get this Network and just raise the prices to the subs that will be able to view it…see that’s simple…I don’t mind paying an extra couple of bucks for it…and I'm not even a Yankee fan.

If Yes wants Dish to give them the same type of deal that DTV gave them then I think that is quite fair…Why does Dish continue to play hardball...?

Fact - YES is one of the most requested channels, especially in the North East where the is a ton of DISH subscribers. There would be more subscribers too if YES was available on DISH.
Fact#2 - This past world series had rateings much lower then usual because Yankees or Red Sox were not present. This speeks volumes! And non YES subscribers, keep your comments to yourself, we don't expect you to pay for it.

petrozio said:
And non YES subscribers, keep your comments to yourself, we don't expect you to pay for it.
The problem is that YES expects to be treated the same as MSG and Fox Sports New York. YES expects to be added to AT120. And non-Yankee fans aren't happy about this, because they will be paying for yet another channel they won't watch.

YES will not allow itself to be sold by itself. And because MSG and Fox Sports New York are only found in AT120/180, YES will not allow Dish Network to carry YES unless they are added to the package.

petrozio said:
Fact - YES is one of the most requested channels, especially in the North East where the is a ton of DISH subscribers. There would be more subscribers too if YES was available on DISH.
Fact#2 - This past world series had rateings much lower then usual because Yankees or Red Sox were not present. This speeks volumes! And non YES subscribers, keep your comments to yourself, we don't expect you to pay for it.

The facts speak for themselves...

Hopefully Charlie will come to his senses and finally add this network after four long years. Dish must stop surrendering the NYC/NJ/CT area to DTV....

After D* recentally dropped the ball with HD at CES 2006 I was considering switching to Dish since they will adding a lot of HD.

BUT since they Dont carry YES I will never switch!
I am a DIE-Hard Yankee Fan, I live just 20 miles from the Stadium

I subscribe to MLB-EI BUT with Dish I can ONLY watch the yankees on the other teams channels.

I see Enough Yankee bashing on this and other forums, I just couldnt bear to watch on the games it also!!

PLUS a Big factor why I wont switch is D*did Brodcast ALL Yankee home Games in HD Last year...

I just cant give this UP!!!

Sorry Charlie!!!!!!!!!!

:(

Last edited:
DVRaholic said:
After D* recentally dropped the ball with HD at CES 2006 I was considering switching to Dish since they will adding a lot of HD.

BUT since they Dont carry YES I will never switch!
I am a DIE-Hard Yankee Fan, I live just 20 miles from the Stadium

I subscribe to MLB-EI BUT with Dish I can ONLY watch the yankees on the other teams channels.

I see Enough Yankee bashing on this and other forums, I just couldnt bear to watch on the games it also!!

PLUS a Big factor why I wont switch is D*did Brodcast ALL Yankee home Games in HD Last year...

I just cant give this UP!!!

Sorry Charlie!!!!!!!!!!

:(

And the rest of us are just so sad and disappointed about it! :rolleyes: ;)

If Yes wants the same deal as FSNY and MSG, then they should get the EXACT SAME DEAL. Meaning E* should pay the SAME PRICE it pays FSNY and MSG and not some ridiculous amount of money just so the Yankees can have a payroll of 150 Million

That being said, I would also like them to add the Mets new channel SportsNet NY, same deal. They should be able to save some money on FSNY and MSG now that the Mets are gone.

I guess I am asking to much when I buy the MLB package every year to have the Yes Network broadcast the games. I am willing to pay for Yes. YES, Lifetime, OLN. HD LITE. Future not looking to good for Dish. I guess as a consumer I'm asking to much.

YES will probably never be on Dish. Its been three years, when are people going to get it? Charlie is only interested in carrying it if its sold in a RSN package, probably because the channel is expensive and George said no.

Get Directv or cable if you need it badly.

uhlesses said:
I guess I am asking to much when I buy the MLB package every year to have the Yes Network broadcast the games. I am willing to pay for Yes. YES, Lifetime, OLN. HD LITE. Future not looking to good for Dish. I guess as a consumer I'm asking to much.

Future looks fine for Dish. They just past 12 million. They have grown faster in the last five years than any other provider. Doesn't sound like trouble to me.
You may be willing to pay for YES, but I sure as hell am not! I for one am glad that Charlie is standing his ground with George!

People have to also remember that only people in NY,NJ,CT and possibly parts of PA will benefit from the addition of YES. Charlie probably figures that the diehard fans of the Yankees have went to cable or Directv, so he probably doesn't feel that adding it now is necessary. Personally all RSNs on satellite should be in separate packages, and not just included in the most basic ones.

It is hard to believe that this topic keeps coming up. All YES fans should have been on D* and cable long ago. Dish said NO to YES.

And no, Dish is not going to have NFL:Sunday Ticket next year either.

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
You guys are totally missing the point.

YES subscriber levels are not even on the radar anywhere other then there region. Yes there are going to be fans all over the place for ANY team but it doesn't make one bit of sense to give them anything other then a regional package deal.

I haven't looked, but my guess is D* has them in a sports package and not in a tier level. If they were a multi sport/team channel like ESPN or similar then it would be worth having them. But there not, there specifically baseball and a second rate team at that.

And just for the record I'm a baseball fan but I'm also realistic.
I see this nonsense in almost *every* thread about the Yankees and Dish Network.

The Yankees do *not* want to be a nationwide channel. They do *not* want everyone in the country to pay for their channel. That makes no sense, since almost all of their live sports programming would be blacked out to most of the nation.

The Yankees want to be treated like MSG and FSNY, part of AT120 for New York area subs. But they want more money for this than Dish is willing to pay. End of story.

Just for the record Charlie stated that in order for them to carry YES they would have to raise EVERYONES bill $1.00 to pay for it. YES was also offered the al carte and YES turned it down. Does anyone really watch these channels outside of baseball season? NO that is why they don't want al carte.

I watch YES alot. The Nets, Yankees, and colege sports are on alot. They also have a great Sunday football post game show for the Jets and Giants, and this is coming from a Boston Red Sox fan. Directv showed a ton of Yankee games in HD and they are showing the Nets in HD too. I have to admit, I did not notice my bill going up.

rowemance said:
Just for the record Charlie stated that in order for them to carry YES they would have to raise EVERYONES bill $1.00 to pay for it.
Actually the real reason is because Charilie is a cheap.... :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)