Yet Another free.........

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Picked up a 7.5 foot Echostar mesh over the weekend.
Came with hornets, a single feed horn with polarotor, and a VonWeise actuator. The VonWeise is now on my 10 foot Unimesh and works great. I intend to plant the 7.5 on 105w in the spring so I can sub my DSR 905.

Congrats on your aquisition. Was the Echostar mesh dish difficult to disassemble? I've been offered a 10' one but am hesitating until I know more about the construction. I'm hoping it's modular like the Winegard.

hornets?

If it had hornets, it woulda stayed right where it was. Even if it had been a birdview, haha!
Never been stung by one of them , I've heard its just like getting shot though.

Picked up a 7.5 foot Echostar mesh over the weekend.
Came with hornets, a single feed horn with polarotor, and a VonWeise actuator. The VonWeise is now on my 10 foot Unimesh and works great. I intend to plant the 7.5 on 105w in the spring so I can sub my DSR 905.

Hornets? Usually you have to pay extra for those-all I got were some half-dead wasps. :(

The dish was removed in one peice. The owner had some Black Flag... SHOOTS 20 FEET !!! And it did. This took care of the hornet problem.
Yes being stung feels like getting shot.
Got to go, Boss calling.....

The Orbitron I picked up this summer came complete with it's own family of red ants.
Hornets.........yup, they hurt when they bite. I've never been shot but I imagine if I do it will feel a bit more painful. I was stung this summer........in hindsight it was kind of funny. I'd knocked down their home and they started rebuilding. So the following weekend I went armed with a big stick........well to make a long story short, the stick wasn't big enough.....or I didn't have enough sense to run a little farther away. They remembered me! "There he is, GET HIM" It was like something from a cartoon......as I ran away as fast as I could backwards (which isn't very fast) I watched this black spot get bigger and bigger as it circled towards me and WHACK..........right between the eyes!!! After a series of loud expletives and some rubbing I went in the house and immediately took a Benadryl. Not much sympathy was to be had from the better half either. In fact, I think she laughed uncontrollably.

Back to the main topic, wasps, hornets, bees, ants.........it's STILL a FREE DISH!!!! If you have to pay with a bit of pain so be it, I'm still in for it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)